Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Either game 7 outcome will be funny, but idk how Florida wins short of Bob standing on his head and Skinner reverting back into a pumpkin. FLA has basically gone extreme Maple Leaf playoff mode with everyone looking tight and all their top skill players being useless offensively

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
This is my fault. I was at the bar with friends before game 4 and we were talking about Knoblauch’s Buffalo comment and I brought up how invoking Buffalo caught them our curse. And went so far as to say that if they were swept our curse was lifted and it was all theirs now. They won 8-1. So I said fine…but when they lose the series they share the curse and we get some reprieve. And now we head to game 7. I’ll try to work out how to reverse this.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Either game 7 outcome will be funny, but idk how Florida wins short of Bob standing on his head and Skinner reverting back into a pumpkin. FLA has basically gone extreme Maple Leaf playoff mode with everyone looking tight and all their top skill players being useless offensively
what did you expect with so many former sabres on that roster?

the losing culture is contagious. florida might as well have signed their own death certificate when they traded for Okposo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
We are on the cusp of maybe the greatest moment in hockey history if McDavid closes the deal. I'd say only Miracle on Ice edges it.
The Miracle on Ice had so much substance behind it that it'll likely never be topped. The political atmosphere + the underdog story + it being played in the US makes it difficult to top.

I will say, I was rooting for Edmonton in hopes to watch McDavid dominate. It's incredibly fun to watch.

I admired Brady in the same fashion. Hell, I had multiple Bills-Pats games I went to where Brady and co. would send us to the parking lots by the 4th quarter. Over time, I grew to admire his dominance in spite of him kicking our ass.

McDavid is going to be the best player of his generation, so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show!

Reactions: Dirty Dog

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
The Miracle on Ice had so much substance behind it that it'll likely never be topped. The political atmosphere + the underdog story + it being played in the US makes it difficult to top.

I will say, I was rooting for Edmonton in hopes to watch McDavid dominate. It's incredibly fun to watch.

I admired Brady in the same fashion. Hell, I had multiple Bills-Pats games I went to where Brady and co. would send us to the parking lots by the 4th quarter. Over time, I grew to admire his dominance in spite of him kicking our ass.

McDavid is going to be the best player of his generation, so I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show!
I agree and I still give it to 1980 but McDavid pulling off an all time comeback in a game 7 on ESPN / ABC with no other sports on? Ratings are gonna be massive, it could really put a lot of new hockey fans in the the fold.

Haven't seen anything like this since Gretzky. In more ways than one.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

It’s absolutely wild to see his playoff point production up there with Gretzky. Especially considering how much tougher goaltending is now.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
It's funny people saying the correct call was "wrong" because they looked at it for a minute afterwards. Sorry, challenges exist for a reason to get the call right. We have technology to do this now it isn't the 1930's.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I predict the Senators will overpay for Chris Tanev, there will be people on this board mad that the Sens made that aggressive move to put up big bucks with term for old free agents, and then he'll fall off a cliff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad