Around the NHL: Post-Draft and Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Getting ready to see how this Blues-Oilers drama plays out:

1723684524317.png

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

EF with an interesting tidbit on the Flames: they have liked their quiet offseason and have told their guys to not expect any moves.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

It is funny how players that want to stay with their current clubs seem to be catching more flak this summer than guys that want out.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

EF with an interesting tidbit on the Flames: they have liked their quiet offseason and have told their guys to not expect any moves.

Does Elliot address Jeff’s dismissal? I haven’t had a chance to listen to this episode yet.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Does Elliot address Jeff’s dismissal? I haven’t had a chance to listen to this episode yet.
I have 8 minutes left to listen to it. Stuck in meetings at work.

He did not talk about it in the first 18 minutes. And I am not really expecting him to mention it. The most I expect at this point is maybe a thanks to Jeff at the end...

Reactions: Chainshot

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
I have never experienced a day where I: collected a paycheck for not working and went fishing after some fat rails. I may be too old at this point. Where does the time fly?

Reactions: Chainshot

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Podkolzin at $1M for this year and next.

Edmonton bargain bin shopping - what does it mean for their qualifying offer decisions due Tuesday morning?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Before our reworked 4th line I liked the idea of pod. The upside seems to be there, his style multi dimensional. I hope he figures it out

Reactions: DJN21

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Getting ready to see how this Blues-Oilers drama plays out:

View attachment 901111

Mike Grier bailed them out.

The Sharks are the new Yotes this offseason. And this is why offersheets, while chaosy fun, are rare.

"Trade me right ****ing now!"

"Yeah, about that...."

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Mike Grier bailed them out.

The Sharks are the new Yotes this offseason. And this is why offersheets, while chaosy fun, are rare.

Honestly this is what teams with no aspirations should be doing. Filling up the IOU bucket.

Something Adams refused to do. And shocker, now nobody is doing him any favors.

"Trade me right ****ing now!"

"Yeah, about that...."

I'm curious what happens here. At some point, someone will need scoring. My guess is Waddell is willing to wait it ou.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I'm curious what happens here. At some point, someone will need scoring. My guess is Waddell is willing to wait it ou.
I think Waddell tells Laine that he needs to play his way out of town and that once another GM is willing to give up the minimal acceptable trade package, then he will get the trade he wants.

But, given Laine's struggle to be available for 70+ games lately and the issues with his game, I am not shocked that Laine's agent can't drum up enough trade interest around the league to make a deal happen.

Honestly this is what teams with no aspirations should be doing. Filling up the IOU bucket.

Something Adams refused to do. And shocker, now nobody is doing him any favors.
How many more Future Considerations did Adams have to trade for to have GMs owe him a favor?

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Jacob582

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I think Waddell tells Laine that he needs to play his way out of town and that once another GM is willing to give up the minimal acceptable trade package, then he will get the trade he wants.

But, given Laine's struggle to be available for 70+ games lately and the issues with his game, I am not shocked that Laine's agent can't drum up enough trade interest around the league to make a deal happen.

Likely.

How many more Future Considerations did Adams have to trade for to have GMs owe him a favor?

:sarcasm:

Adams taking on a bad contract for a mid pick here or there (or helping retain on salary in some trades) would have greased the wheels a bit.

Its a small enough "club" of GMs that you want to be the easy to work with guy, not the "squeeze you for every dime your worth" guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad