Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
What even is goalie interference anymore?

Not saying I disagree with the call. I just didn't even pay attention because they make it up anyways so didn't bother trying to formulate my own opinion.
Coin Flip GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
That goaltender interference on Cirelli was the right call. You can't purposefully go into the crease, make contact with the goalie, and have the goal count. That's clear in the rulebook.

Same with Duclair's contact.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
That goaltender interference on Cirelli was the right call. You can't purposefully go into the crease, make contact with the goalie, and have the goal count. That's clear in the rulebook.

Same with Duclair's contact.

It was the right call under the rules, just seems like a soft one. Very little actual contact there, but enough to meet the threshold for the rule.

Reactions: Kalv

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
It was the right call under the rules, just seems like a soft one. Very little actual contact there, but enough to meet the threshold for the rule.
It's true, but I think it makes sense. The crease is still the goalie's domain. He gets to move with impunity in there. If you go in without being forced, it's on you to avoid contact with the goalie. I think it's a much better rule than the old "skate in the crease" abomination where a goal could get overturned with no contact.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Absolutely not. Unless you’re a new ducks fan, with our history I don’t see how you can root for Dallas. F the stars forever and ever.
Nashville lose
Vegas lose
Kings lose

After that its more like
Dallas meh …
Canucks meh
Oilers meh

Jets well id root for you if i thought you had a chance
Colorado can we be you (from west)

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Dallas and Vancouver are the lesser of two evils, but I really just intensely want Vegas out. I don't think I dislike a lot of players on Nashville right now, but I'm still sore about that playoff series.

To be fair, I think our rivalry with Dallas has faded since they left the Pacific division in like...2013? So I don't even think you need to be a particularly old fan to be kinda ambivalent on them.

Honestly, if I had to pick a team it'd be Boston or Carolina, but I'm not really that invested in any team.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Dallas and Vancouver are the lesser of two evils, but I really just intensely want Vegas out. I don't think I dislike a lot of players on Nashville right now, but I'm still sore about that playoff series.

To be fair, I think our rivalry with Dallas has faded since they left the Pacific division in like...2013? So I don't even think you need to be a particularly old fan to be kinda ambivalent on them.

Honestly, if I had to pick a team it'd be Boston or Carolina, but I'm not really that invested in any team.
Ew, Carolina?

Jets, Canucks and Stars I'm fairly ambivalent but I really hated the Stars back in the day. Still hope Marty Turco steps on a Lego.

Kings, Oilers, Preds, Avs, Knights can f*** off. Avs and Preds to a lesser degree than the other 3.

Isles, Panthers I'm ambivalent.

Canes can suck it

Leafs are complicated for me.

Would prefer not Bruins

I don't really like the Rangers or most their fans but I wouldn't be disgusted if they won it all.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I'm not sure what's worse - the Ludwig hit on Selanne in 98 that started an insane bloodbath (seriously, if you're unfamiliar, go watch the very grainy, non-HD highlights on Youtube) or them taking Cogliano and forcing Devin Shore upon us. Yes, I know that was Murray's fault, but I still blame Dallas to some degree. Also, screw Marty Turco and Derian Hatcher.

Despite that, Vegas is still more evil.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Absolutely not. Unless you’re a new ducks fan, with our history I don’t see how you can root for Dallas. F the stars forever and ever.

I'm definitely not a new Ducks fan, and I remember the 2003 Mighty Ducks-Stars playoff game that wouldn't end until Sykora finally scored in the 5th OT, but I will never, ever, even when staring at the end of time, want Vegas to win. I hate that franchise almost as much as the Kings, maybe more.

I'm not sure what's worse - the Ludwig hit on Selanne in 98 that started an insane bloodbath (seriously, if you're unfamiliar, go watch the very grainy, non-HD highlights on Youtube) or them taking Cogliano and forcing Devin Shore upon us. Yes, I know that was Murray's fault, but I still blame Dallas to some degree. Also, screw Marty Turco and Derian Hatcher.

Don't forget Clod LePieux.

Duckesh

Jul 20, 2021

Yeah, I mean, I've been going to Duck's games since the first season. Grudges fade quickly.

My only grudge is 2014, second round playoffs, Game 1. Ducks are up like 2-1 late in the game. Gaborik scores on a breakaway from super tight angle a million feet from the net against Gibson who lets a really soft goal in to tie very late in the 3rd period, like 10 seconds left.

Ducks go on to lose the game and the series and Kings win the cup. Whoever wins that Duck/King series had an easy walk to the cup imo. I blame Gibson for choking.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Yeah, I mean, I've been going to Duck's games since the first season. Grudges fade quickly.

My only grudge is 2014, second round playoffs, Game 1. Ducks are up like 2-1 late in the game. Gaborik scores on a breakaway from super tight angle a million feet from the net against Gibson who lets a really soft goal in to tie very late in the 3rd period, like 10 seconds left.

Ducks go on to lose the game and the series and Kings win the cup. Whoever wins that Duck/King series had an easy walk to the cup imo. I blame Gibson for choking.
Was that the one in the dying seconds where Quick takes a baseball swing at a ducks player in front of the net (I want to say Perry, obviously) and there was a wide open net as a result and the ducks player didn't take the shot or shot it wide?

Edit: watching the highlights quickly I don't think it was the same game. Maybe it was later in the series. God it feels like another lifetime ago.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
No Matthews for the Leafs. Could be a long noro, could be a concussion, could be a bruised ego, could be anything. Even ligma.

Or maybe he just took the loss of the Arizona franchise hard?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

salei got his revenge when he nearly killed modano a few years later. i'm still amazed he didn't break his neck or worse on that hit. those ducks-stars games in the late 90s-early 00s were always bloodbaths

beating them in the 03 semis felt real good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad