Around the NHL: Part XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Anybody want to try and explain to me why giving up a 1st and 2nd for Pageau, and then signing him to a 6 year, $30 million contract is a good idea, because I’m not seeing it.

I think he's actually a really good fit for that team. He is a very good defensive center (his scoring touch, who knows; this is his best offensive season, abnormally high shooting percentage, but he is also entering his prime, so it could be sustainable for a couple of years)...but they definitely gave up too much to get him and the extension is too expensive.

The cost to get him was a consequence of this being an extremely weak class of available deadline players, I guess. If it was just the 1st round pick, it would be easier to swallow. The contract should be more like $4.5 million for 5 years. The 6th year is probably going to be a problem.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think he's actually a really good fit for that team. He is a very good defensive center (his scoring touch, who knows; this is his best offensive season, abnormally high shooting percentage, but he is also entering his prime, so it could be sustainable for a couple of years)...but they definitely gave up too much to get him and the extension is too expensive.

The cost to get him was a consequence of this being an extremely weak class of available deadline players, I guess. If it was just the 1st round pick, it would be easier to swallow. The contract should be more like $4.5 million for 5 years. The 6th year is probably going to be a problem.

I just don’t see it as a move that changes them all that much. And, you’re allotting salary and assets for a 3rd liner that doesn’t really move the needle. The Islanders issue is that they lack the top end talent needed to carry a team to a Cup. I realize that they’re not a desired destination, so they have to overpay. But, as I said yesterday, if Gorton made this move, this board would be on fire. And, frankly, it’s the type of move that keeps a team on the treadmill, something we as Ranger fans are all too familiar with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maximus

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

@NYR Sting

Welcome back my man!

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Clash of the titans tonight, DET-NJD

I don't think its out of bounds to say that Detroits lineup might actually be better than Jersey's tonight. They got Schneider back in net (the thing that would not die) , bottom 6 of nobodies, and their left side of the D is Mueller - something called a Mermis - and our good buddy Claesson. Yeesh.

Reactions: Cassano

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Clash of the titans tonight, DET-NJD

I don't think its out of bounds to say that Detroits lineup might actually be better than Jersey's tonight. They got Schneider back in net (the thing that would not die) , bottom 6 of nobodies, and their left side of the D is Mueller - something called a Mermis - and our good buddy Claesson. Yeesh.

Starting Bernier in fantasy tonight hoping that this is the case. Both teams are dumpster fires, but Detroit looks like they should win cause Schneider is the trash on fire inside of the dumpster.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I am a little surprise at all the love being thrown at Carolina. They picked up a center (who I have liked in the past) but who has struggled the last year and a half and a 4-5 defenseman that we have all but written off. I know they have had injuries but this ain’t exactly the cavalry coming to save the day.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
McDavid and Draisaitl play absolutely zero defense.

Good game in Anaheim. Milano may look like a good pick up for them. 2 goals including OT winner. Ducks are missing 3 of their Top 4D after Lindholm went down.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
In reality we want Arizona, but in fantasy land we want FLA to get the 3rd spot in the Atlantic, have CAR and TOR both miss the playoffs and win the lottery.
f*** that, I’m rooting for the fantasy. The Panthers are only two points behind both teams, and if they get that third spot, I feel really good about the WCs going to two out of the NYI, CLB, and the Rangers.

The Rangers are ahead of FLA, so let them just Jeep taking care of their own business.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I kinda feel bad for Skjei on a personal level

I'd be fuming if I woke up one day living in NYC and later that day found out I'm being forced to move to Raleigh

Let's not pretend that NYC is some sort of paradise that no other city compares to :laugh:

It's a nice city, and it has it's qualities but the way some people go on about it, you'd think every other city is a dump and people shit gold in NYC

Reactions: Cmox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad