Around the NHL (Part XVIII) - Tankiest tank to have ever tanked

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Great comeback by the Kings. No question they will make the playoffs and get to at least the WCF.

Nothingman*

And it was Gaborik.

He looks like he is back in full-on dream-crushing mode.

I wouldn't get too excited about Gaborik. Eller gifted them that PP in the last minute and it was a gravy 6-4. Montreal actually made the comeback being down 2-0 too and were the better team 2/3 of the game after playing last night.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Great comeback by the Kings. No question they will make the playoffs and get to at least the WCF.

The overrating of the Kings is getting out of hand. You just hand them a place in the third round even though they aren't even in a playoff spot right now and barely control their own destiny?

They're a poor road team and are going to expend a great deal of energy trying to outfight the other four teams battling them for playoff spots down the stretch.

I do think they will make the playoffs mainly because I am sure Calgary won't, but I don't think they're particularly impressive most of the time and I think they will just plain run out of gas.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
John Vogl ‏@BuffNewsVogl 8m8 minutes ago

Sabres goalie Chad Johnson might be done for season with lower-body injury, coach Ted Nolan says. Welcome to Buffalo.

So Anders Lindback now the #1 fulltime in Buffalo ,, McDavid is so going to be a Sabre

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Speaking of the Sens, I'm liking how they've come out of nowhere to get within 3 points of Boston.

Just would be hilarious to me if a team that did NOTHING at the trade deadline wound up surging to take a playoff spot.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Anythings possible! Not really anything, but Sens snatching a WC spot from Boston? Totally possible. Also potentially hilarious.

member 151739

Speaking of the Sens, I'm liking how they've come out of nowhere to get within 3 points of Boston.

Just would be hilarious to me if a team that did NOTHING at the trade deadline wound up surging to take a playoff spot.

6sgvnn.jpg

Would be pretty awesome if the Sens made it.

Nothingman*

The Sens first couple lines are pretty productive for them. I hope they make it.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I'm to the point where I'd like the Blues to finish first in the Central, and have us go against the Preds.

Nashville will obviously even themselves out a bit, but they seemingly lack the will needed to win playoff games. They also lack playoff experience (Forsberg, their leading scorer, has never played a playoff game before) and Hawks simply matchup well against them.

Let the Blues play against the wild card team. If it works out, we take out Nashville while St. Louis takes out Minnesota (who seemingly struggles against the Blues). Then hope that Kane is a few weeks ahead in his recovery, and can start playing early into the 2nd round. We then go on a tear, and win it all!

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I don't want to play either of them. But playing the team that led the division and then collapsed down the stretch to fall into 2nd at the last minute seemed to work last year.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
The Hawks, no matter how "bad" they're playing, should beat STL or NSH. I'd rather play Nashville because there is no bad blood there and thus less chance at injury.

I'm mostly rooting for Anaheim now to beat out the top seed in the Central so that LA in the 8 seed will stay in the Pacific bracket.

member 151739

I don't want to play either of them. But playing the team that led the division and then collapsed down the stretch to fall into 2nd at the last minute seemed to work last year.

James Neal seems to have our number (or I'm imagining things.) Also Rinne is Rinne. I don't want to play either of them, but I'd prefer the Blues, honestly.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'd prefer to play Nashville, simply because they don't play the same kind of physical game that St Louis does. They're every bit as good, but less chance for injury and wear-and-tear I think.

Honestly, there are no good options for the Blackhawks, short of a miraculous run to the top of the division. And even then, there's a chance they get the Kings in the first round.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
I just think that a lack of experience is hurting Nashville currently and probably into the playoffs. Like I said, Forsberg (Preds leading scorer) has no experience with playoff hockey. They've also been playing a lot of uninspired hockey lately.

It'd be easy to rattle that team's confidence (confidence that they already are lacking) and make it to the next round relatively easy.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Blues def Leafs 6-1
Lightning def Stars 5-4
Avalanche def Jackets 4-0
Jets def Preds 3-1
Penguins def Kings 1-0 (OT)
Canucks def Shark 3-2

Current West playoff standings

Central
Preds - 89 pts (15 GR)
Blues - 87 pts (17 GR)
Hawks - 83 pts (17 GR)

Pacific
Ducks - 91 pts (15 GR)
Canucks - 78 pts (17 GR)
Flames - 76 pts (17 GR)

WC Race
#1 = Wild - 79 pts (17 GR)
#2 = Jets - 78 pts (16 GR)

Outside looking in
Kings - 75 pts (17 GR)
Sharks - 72 pts (16 GR)
Avalance - 69 pts (17 GR)
Stars - 68 pts (16 GR)

Avs + Stars and soon Sharks are starting to reach that point in which the chances of them going on a run become bleak or impossible

Last edited:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Looking at current playoff matchups there would be some real good one's with renewal of some rivalries

West
Anaheim vs Winnipeg
Vancouver vs Calgary
Nashville vs Minnesota
St Louis vs Chicago

East
Montreal vs Boston
Tampa Bay vs Detroit
NY Islanders vs Washington
NY Rangers vs Pittsburgh

I was not born or was too young for Isles/Caps rivalry of 80's but I do remember the 93 series and the disgraceful finish to that

Have always hated Dale Hunter for that BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad