Around the NHL - Part XLIII

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
If we want to keep Shesty, we should pay him. Screw it. I see no reason that goalies should be short-changed when forwards and D-men are making bank (Trouba at 8 mil with 22 points and a -4 last year, LOL). Especially when Shesty is the backbone of our defense and not any of our D-men.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben Grimm

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
If we want to keep Shesty, we should pay him. Screw it. I see no reason that goalies should be short-changed when forwards and D-men are making bank (Trouba at 8 mil with 22 points and a -4 last year, LOL). Especially when Shesty is the backbone of our defense and not any of our D-men.
There's a difference between paying him & overpaying him. Why set the goalie market 2.5M higher than it currently is. Hellebucyk took less than 10 to stay in f***ing Winnipeg of all places.

My mindset would be to let Igor test the market. No contenders can afford him at what he wants, so if he doesn't care about winning, enjoy playing in Columbus for $13M while you're surrounded by an AHL squad. I bet he comes running back here when he sees the reality of it.

Reactions: Kords and Ruggs225

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
And thsts the problem.

We dont have the cap to invest in a back bone. We need better dmen. Need a true shutdown center.

Cant afford that when u overpay for a goalie.

Like it or not, goalies are not where u should invest a ton of money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad