Around the NHL - Part XLIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Yikes. Seattle Kraken taking big risk on Berniers. Won Calder Trophy then took a step back in year 2.

These kinds of long term deals out of ELC make sense only for true young stars.

For most teams they're a black hole with IMO no surplus value. The surplus value comes in 4 years or something. Maybe. Video game simming mindset.

People should ask Ottawa how happy they are about locking up Josh Norris and Tom Chabot for eternity.

Bridge deals 4 lyfe.

Reactions: stlwahoo

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

For most teams they're a black hole with IMO no surplus value. The surplus value comes in 4 years or something. Maybe. Video game simming mindset.

People should ask Ottawa how happy they are about locking up Josh Norris and Tom Chabot for eternity.

Bridge deals 4 lyfe.

I adamantly disagree. Good GMs take these risks. It’s contracts like this that allow you to win championships. I would easily take this risk with Beniers.

I look forward to the impending Shesterkin and Lafreniere shitshow negotiations.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I adamantly disagree. Good GMs take these risks. It’s contracts like this that allow you to win championships. I would easily take this risk with Beniers.

I look forward to the impending Shesterkin and Lafreniere shitshow negotiations.
Fun counter factual: Rangers sign Kakko to 8/56M after his breakout 40 point year (lol) with the same logic, and they're now paying him 7 million a year to make sweet love to the boards and skate back on defense and maybe one day hit 20 goals.

Simultaneously, Machinehead inserts carpenter nails into his body for surely unrelated reasons.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Fun counter factual: Rangers sign Kakko to 8/56M after his breakout 40 point year (lol) with the same logic, and they're now paying him 7 million a year to make sweet love to the boards and skate back on defense and maybe one day hit 20 goals.

Simultaneously, Machinehead inserts carpenter nails into his body for surely unrelated reasons.

I strongly recommended the Rangers sign Kakko to about ~4.5M x 5-6 years after his 40 point season I still stand by that.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
I strongly recommended the Rangers sign Kakko to about ~4.5M x 5-6 years after his 40 point season I still stand by that.
I would be highly alarmed if Kakko wanted to sign that deal.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

On the other hand, if they’re paying him 7 million maybe they play him on special teams or in the top 6 and not 12 minutes a night on grinder duty

Reactions: noncents

effen

Feb 3, 2018
On the other hand, if they’re paying him 7 million maybe they play him on special teams or in the top 6 and not 12 minutes a night on grinder duty
He's gotten a ton of top 6 time in his career and yet to do much with it. This is well tread territory.

He's free and continues to be free to take a PP spot via merit any time he wants. Colin Blackwell was able to do this, it's not some impossible task.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He's gotten a ton of top 6 time in his career and yet to do much with it. This is well tread territory.

He's free and continues to be free to take a PP spot via merit any time he wants. Colin Blackwell was able to do this, it's not some impossible task.
Cmon nobody buys this anymore do they?

The Rangers are not a meritocracy.

effen

Feb 3, 2018

He gets grinder minutes because he plays like a grinder. Laf did too, until he didn't. Did the Rangers tell Laf to play like a grinder until last year? Then they told him to play like a skill player?

Only one person is in control of what Kakko does on the ice, and that's Kakko.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He gets grinder minutes because he plays like a grinder. Laf did too, until he didn't. Did the Rangers tell Laf to play like a grinder until last year? Then they told him to play like a skill player?

Only one person is in control of what Kakko does on the ice, and that's Kakko.
Laf started to play well after he was given a top line role, due to injuries and just not having any RWs. He was forced to change positions because of it.

If Chytil and Kakko didn’t get hurt Laf probably doesn’t get the opportunity and he’s still a bust.

Kakko doesn’t have Lafs upside but there both handled horribly by the idiots who run the team, and they still are shafting Laf by keeping off the PP even though he’s more than earned it.

Don’t defend this organization .

Reactions: Galvatron and CLW

noncents

Feb 25, 2022

these types of arguments are a stain on the merit of any anti-kakko smeargument. the kid should have been fed top line minutes and PK opportunities for the past 4 years

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’m hoping with a good season (god willing) he’s signed to Chytil’s 4-year deal give or take on $.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada

Bridge deals 4 lyfe.
I would've waited another year to see if he bounces back. If he does, then I'd pay him. This season will say where he is.

Gordon Bombay

Built for the HFNYR Offseason
Oct 13, 2006
Didn't we have a trade lined up with Edmonton to draft Zegras but they wanted Broberg? Or is that an old wives tale?

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
Wow... a few weeks late but I'm surprised Barabanov went back to the KHL. Injuries derailed this past season. The prior 2 he was a 2nd liner

Reactions: Barnaby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad