Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I’m sure this was discussed elsewhere in the thread, but it seems like a pretty stupid decision and missed opportunity to have Game 7 on a Monday instead of Sunday….especially with the amount of stories developing around this series.

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
I’m sure this was discussed elsewhere in the thread, but it seems like a pretty stupid decision and missed opportunity to have Game 7 on a Monday instead of Sunday….especially with the amount of stories developing around this series.

I think it's silly that the NBA started their season after the NHL did and here we still are just 1 week shy of July.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Well, considering ABC had BOTH the NBA and NHL Finals, and had the NBA Finals gone to a Game 7, it would have been played on Sunday...

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Knoblauch has made great adjustments all series long. Laviolette's biggest adjustment was dicking with the lines.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I think it's silly that the NBA started their season after the NHL did and here we still are just 1 week shy of July.
The NHL ceded Friday night to the NBA, because of TV partners.

The NHL rarely plays Sunday night anymore because expansion markets whined about it.

The NHL gives every team a weeklong bye during the season, along with 4 and 5 days off randomly throughout the season.

The NBA routinely has teams playing 3 in 4 nights. NHL rarely does that anymore, but there are 5 in 7 days thrown in between 4 days off.

The NHL has blown the regular season schedule out about two weeks because of those little tweaks.

This year, had the NBA Finals go 7 games, Game 7 would have been last night.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Gonna end up being an ugly contract by year 2 if he gets what he's been rumored to get.

He played better than the numbers indicated this year but he had been in a bit of a slide before that. Whether or not that was a temporary contract year bump remains to be seen but if its like 7x7 or more it's going to be a horrendous contract.

Ben Grimm

I can't stand the rain ☔
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Last edited:

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
I had said before this series started and when the ECF ended - so it isn't revisionist simply because Edmonton managed to go 3-3 - all this garbage about Florida being the class of the league was as much Ranger fans trying to cope with more failure of this core of players.

They may go and win a one off game to win a Championship, they might not, however, they are a physical, pain-in-the-ass team who were ably assisted by most of our highest paid players going MIA.

I actually thought Edmonton would have been a much better match-up for them than Dallas.

Overall, can't help but feel this season has been a massive missed opportunity with the way things panned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad