Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
A little peek into my crystal balls

Berube will not get along with the punks on the leaf team. Can see it already. Those players (matthews marner nylander) are spoiled entitled brats and will make his life difficult. Wouldn’t want anything like any of those guys near our team.
It will end badly. They’re not winning anything. Hope we destroy them every game we meet.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

PR Dorion is back! Got himself a gig on Montreal radio.
Screenshot 2024-09-25 160338.png

• Haha
Reactions: StoicSensFan

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
God I hope this road leads to him getting hired by the Habs

He wouldn't be a bad hire in a certain role. The issue in Ottawa was always that he had too narrow of a functional orientation to be a top manager in an organization.

With that said, I doubt he gets hired anywhere anytime soon because of the implications of how he was let go.

Unless he is getting a nice salary based on his meme value as a hockey meme, he is missing the boat by not doing a podcast. He has nothing to lose by being as incendiary as possible. It's higher risk, but the real money is in running your own thing and selling spots to NordVPN.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Zayne Parekh experienced a lackluster training camp with the Flames, recording zero points and a -1 rating over two games. Conversely, Yak is enjoying an impressive training camp, tallying three points with a goal and two assists, alongside a +2 rating.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Zayne Parekh experienced a lackluster training camp with the Flames, recording zero points and a -1 rating over two games. Conversely, Yak is enjoying an impressive training camp, tallying three points with a goal and two assists, alongside a +2 rating.
We’ll see how things go but not regretting that decision at all rn. Wasn’t a fan of parekh but don’t wish any ill will against him.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
The New Jersey Devils are overrated, and it's puzzling why they're viewed as a Cup favorite. Last year, they didn't even make the playoffs! They should be in the "let's make the playoffs first" category
I think they underperformed last year because they had an insane amount of injuries and awful goaltending. Their guys are healthy now and they acquired a goalie - I think they’ll be back to legit contender status this year.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The New Jersey Devils are overrated, and it's puzzling why they're viewed as a Cup favorite. Last year, they didn't even make the playoffs! They should be in the "let's make the playoffs first" category
They’re an injury ridden year removed from 112 points, most in franchise history, with significant upgrades.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I think they underperformed last year because they had an insane amount of injuries and awful goaltending. Their guys are healthy now and they acquired a goalie - I think they’ll be back to legit contender status this year.
They may be a playoff team, but I wouldn't consider them cup contenders. They're lucky to be in the Metro; if they were in the Atlantic, they'd struggle to even make the playoffs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
They’re an injury ridden year removed from 112 points, most in franchise history, with significant upgrades.
They significantly overachied in that 112 pts season, not saying they are bad, but suggesting a team that won a single round 2 years ago is one of them teams we expect to win the cup is crazy

The graphic had them a tier above of Dal, Col. and Toronto, that's over ratting them for sure.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I see NJ a bit like us. They so badly needed competent goaltending as a start just to be able to reasonably compete. Now they have that and it's put up or shut up.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They significantly overachied in that 112 pts season, not saying they are bad, but suggesting a team that won a single round 2 years ago is one of them teams we expect to win the cup is crazy

The graphic had them a tier above of Dal, Col. and Toronto, that's over ratting them for sure.
I’d expect a similar year this season, I’d have no problems putting a healthy Devils top 5.

They’re in the upper echelon of teams, where in that top 10 is debatable, but they’re in there.

Vegas agrees as well, as they are top 5 in Cup odds everywhere, as high as 3rd.

Probably considered overrated here, but that’s where the oddsmakers have them, squarely top 5.

It’s basically just a logo’d representation of Vegas odds with 1 or two strange placements, not really much to debate regarding Jerseys placement.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’d expect a similar year this season, I’d have no problems putting a healthy Devils top 5.

They’re in the upper echelon of teams, where in that top 10 is debatable, but they’re in there.

Vegas agrees as well, as they are top 5 in Cup odds everywhere, as high as 3rd.

Probably considered overrated here, but that’s where the oddsmakers have them, squarely top 5.

It’s basically just a logo’d representation of Vegas odds with 1 or two strange placements, not really much to debate regarding Jerseys placement.

So your response to them being overated is telling me Vegas is over rating them?

The whole point is people have been fooled by one season where they overachieved, Vegas included.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad