Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
I guess?

I mean he's f***ing McDavid. The list of players who are capable of doing this to the Panthers is limited to just him.

If he leads a reverse sweep and ends up setting the all time record for points in a playoff run it will be the most legendary shit ever.

This is absolutely true! There's no way to compare the two players by any stretch of the imagination other than that they wear a letter on their chest, but I still dream that our captain, even though he doesn't contributes points or is strong offensively, can still lead by not actively harming the team. :( Which he unfortunately does nearly every single time he gets on the ice.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
This has turned into such a good series to watch.

It's a bit depressing though because it is pretty clear that the Rangers aren't at the level of either of these teams, and getting harder to see them attaining this level of hockey with the core they have

This. 100%. Oilers and Panthers deserve to be where they are right now. The Panthers were continuing their onslaught, but Oilers have kicked it into a gear I've never seen the Rangers do for the entirety of the playoffs. It's so f***ing cringe seeing the takes about if we made it past the Panthers that we'd somehow chew the Oilers up.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
giphy.gif

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
This. 100%. Oilers and Panthers deserve to be where they are right now. The Panthers were continuing their onslaught, but Oilers have kicked it into a gear I've never seen the Rangers do for the entirety of the playoffs. It's so f***ing cringe seeing the takes about if we made it past the Panthers that we'd somehow chew the Oilers up.
But were the second best team in the league I thought?

I think after last night, even if Florida wins McDavid is getting the Smythe

Reactions: ReddestRum

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Lol the Devils become even more unlikable, first hiring the least likeable coach in the league and now this. I remember after having a horrible game in Vancouver, Markstrom said "Half these guys don't even belong in the league" referring to his teammates. One of the worst human beings in the league.

Reactions: AirGut

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Now that Ruff and Goaltending are off the excuse menu, poor Jack is gonna be in the cross hairs when he gets injured early and they still suck. Poor lad.

Reactions: will1066

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Now that Ruff and Goaltending are off the excuse menu, poor Jack is gonna be in the cross hairs when he gets injured early and they still suck. Poor lad.

This is the year that Devils fans finally admit that Hughes is injury prone (after he goes down again) and that they don’t have a goaltending problem, they have a Devil
Problem.

Reactions: will1066

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Devils are going to be a pain in the ass with a real coach and a real goalie

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Lol the Devils become even more unlikable, first hiring the least likeable coach in the league and now this. I remember after having a horrible game in Vancouver, Markstrom said "Half these guys don't even belong in the league" referring to his teammates. One of the worst human beings in the league.
Pretty sure he was the guy who was making 9/11 jokes to the USA team during the WJC back in the day.

At least that was the rumor

Reactions: EdJovanovski

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Not a great return. Bahl isn't even one of the coveted RHDs and a season of Markstrom has a good chance to tank the value on that 1st round pick. AND Calgary is retaining salary? What the hell is Conroy thinking? There are a lot of teams looking for goalies out there and this is the deal he took.

Flip side, Markstrom IS toast and the Flames get the #11 pick. But not counting on that.

Reactions: CasusBelli

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not a great return. Bahl isn't even one of the coveted RHDs and a season of Markstrom has a good chance to tank the value on that 1st round pick. AND Calgary is retaining salary? What the hell is Conroy thinking? There are a lot of teams looking for goalies out there and this is the deal he took.

Flip side, Markstrom IS toast and the Flames get the #11 pick. But not counting on that.

They got a warm body and a 1st for a soon to be 35 year old goalie who is a year removed from a sub .900 save percentage season who fell apart down the stretch last year.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
They got a warm body and a 1st for a soon to be 35 year old goalie who is a year removed from a sub .900 save percentage season who fell apart down the stretch last year.
Yeah, I hear ya. It's a seller's market on goalies though. Am I reading the market wrong? Calgary as a whole tanked after the 2022 season, once they lost Gaudreau and Tkachuk so I think they can at least sell some sort of Markstrom redemption story here. Unless there was some injury that I don't know about.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yeah, I hear ya. It's a seller's market on goalies though. Am I reading the market wrong? Calgary as a whole tanked after the 2022 season, once they lost Gaudreau and Tkachuk so I think they can at least sell some sort of Markstrom redemption story here. Unless there was some injury that I don't know about.

Goalies rarely return much.

Ullmark will return more because he’s younger and better if/when the Bruins move him but it won’t be that much more despite the gap between the 2 because that’s just how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad