Around the NHL - Part XLII - (Playoffs Edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I'm torn.

On one hand, Oilers fans will become insufferable if they win. But on the other it'll be fun to see McDavid 80s hockey his way to a reverse sweep. And, not being American myself, I'd be happy for a Canadian team to win.

And the Panthers... if they win their 4 actual fans will be fine and the bandwagoners will dissipate after a little while, so that aspect would be better if they win. But on the other hand, f*** Florida. Bennett, Cousins, Tkachuk can do one. And Mikkola being a cup winner would suck.

On balance, I want Edmonton to win.

Reactions: Ratelleitlikeitis

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of a Panthers fan and it's making me nauseous. Even if they pull it out Monday, I mean yeah they hoist the cup but can't help thinking they got away with one.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of a Panthers fan and it's making me nauseous. Even if they pull it out Monday, I mean yeah they hoist the cup but can't help thinking they got away with one.
Either way it goes on Monday, it's going to be very dramatic. Incredible finals

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Panthers look completely gassed. Forsling is making more mistakes in the last handful of games than he has all playoffs. Bob looks lost. The only one that looks like he’s still going is Barkov. Even tkachuk was a ghost last night.

But they really just are making mistakes that they just didn’t make against us or thru the first 3 games of this series. A lot of unforced errors. Powerplay is dead in the water. A lot of bad decisions by Bobrovsky. Even that Hyman goal to make it 3-0. I mean he has nowhere to go but the backhand from like the second he gets the puck it’s in his feet and he has nowhere to go but backhand and Bob still has to sprawl to his right and it goes thru him. Totally lost in the net.

McDavid doesn’t even get a shot or a point last night and they get spanked. They just look gassed and shell shocked. We would be beating them too right now if they were playing like this. Reality is they were on a 6-0 heater bridging the end of our series and the beginning of this one where they could do no wrong.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Don't disagree but I think the point is that none of these games have been really in doubt. He's right.

Maybe game 5 for a bit.
Funny how we want tight close games as third-party fans but not too long ago we craved blowouts for comfort and safety because our hypertensive hearts couldn't take it.

Last edited:

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
1719074038573.jpeg

When you hate the Panthers but realize if the Oil completes the comeback we don’t get to make fun of Canada for not being able to win at their own sport anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad