Around the NHL - Part XLI - (Playoffs Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Buffalo cant finish plays, but Colorado looks really strong 3-1 in the end of 1st tonight before playoffs! ;)

Last edited:

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Reactions: The Gloaming

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
1-ANA
2-CHI
3-Columbus
4-SJ
5-MON
6-ARZ
7-PHILLY
8-DET
9-WASH
10-STL
11-VAN
12-ARZ-OTT/Chychryn trade-top 5 protected for this seasom
13-PITT
14-BUF
15-NASH
16-CAL
17-MON-Florida/Chairot trade
18-DET-Islanders to Van for Horvat/VAN for Hronek
19-WIN
20-CHI-TB/Hagel trade
21-SEA
22-MIN
23-COLUMBUS-LA/Gavrikov & Korpisalo
24-NYR
25-STL-NYR for Lundkvist from Dallas/STL for Tarasenko & Mikkola
26-NASH-EDM/Ekholm
27-STL-TOR/ROR & Acciari
28-SJ-NJ/Meier
29-COL
30-VGK
31-CAR
32-TOR-BOS to WASH for Orlov and Hathaway/WASH to TOR for Sandin

Blues get the lowest first from the Rangers and Stars.

The Habs are looking to trade the Florida pick. Maybe Winnipeg for PLD.

Columbus is looking to trade the LA pick for immediate help. Jarmo and JD know they can't have another lost season. They don't really need more young players.

The Blues will probably look to trade one or both late first round picks for immediate help. The Blues were interested in Meier and Chychrun at the deadline. Blues have salary cap issues. They want to move a contract on D. The cap is not expected to increase much this summer. Maybe $1M and a little more this summer is what Elliotte Friedman reported on the pod yesterday.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m disappointed that the Tampa and Toronto series is running on the same days and times as the Rangers . There is like a 30min or hour difference so can catch maybe a period before the other game starts, but really was hoping they played on days the Rangers weren’t.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I’m disappointed that the Tampa and Toronto series is running on the same days and times as the Rangers . There is like a 30min or hour difference so can catch maybe a period before the other game starts, but really was hoping they played on days the Rangers weren’t.
Yeah it is disappointing but with the 30 minute staggered times, you can see a surprising amount of their game while ours is in intermission.

Or have 2 streams running, which I think I'll be doing. Rangers on laptop and Leafs on the phone.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah it is disappointing but with the 30 minute staggered times, you can see a surprising amount of their game while ours is in intermission.

Or have 2 streams running, which I think I'll be doing. Rangers on laptop and Leafs on the phone.
Yeah I’ve done that with the Rangers and Ducks games when they are both on at the same time, which is rare.

I’m trying to get into multiple series this year. Figure will catch some of the western games as well. The Tampa/Toronto series I think will be a very good one.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Yeah I’ve done that with the Rangers and Ducks games when they are both on at the same time, which is rare.

I’m trying to get into multiple series this year. Figure will catch some of the western games as well. The Tampa/Toronto series I think will be a very good one.
It's hard for me here in UK but LA/EDM should be a really good one. Think that'll be the only Western series I can follow outside of just watching the NHL highlights packages.

Reactions: Leonardo87

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Hard to blame Laviolette for the Caps' season. They had an unbelievable amount of injuries and, if we're being realistic, weren't expected to do much more than make the playoffs. He'll be a good pickup for some team out there.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Hard to blame Laviolette for the Caps' season. They had an unbelievable amount of injuries and, if we're being realistic, weren't expected to do much more than make the playoffs. He'll be a good pickup for some team out there.

He's an older coach now and is officially entering that "lasts for three years" territory.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Pierre.JPG

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011

Playoff Salaries​

Officials get paid per round in the postseason, with referees earning $27,000 and linesmen $17,250. Standby referees earn $1000 for being on call, with an increase to $2,750 if they get into the game; linesmen pick up a $650 check which bumps to $1,775 if they take the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad