Around the NHL: Panthers win. Onto the business season!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Feels like Joshua is going to be the Joel Ward or Sean Bergenheim of this playoffs.

Funny to think that if Buffalo were to sign a tweener out of another conference rival and let them win a job in camp, there would be criticism of why are they signing that guy and why is he making the team? Yet now that a guy like that in Vancouver has been one of my top choices for UFA targets since early in the season. He's two years removed from being being a Group VI UFA.

People would think that Adams is daft for making that sort of signing. But it is very much what they need.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Feels like Joshua is going to be the Joel Ward or Sean Bergenheim of this playoffs.

Funny to think that if Buffalo were to sign a tweener out of another conference rival and let them win a job in camp, there would be criticism of why are they signing that guy and why is he making the team? Yet now that a guy like that in Vancouver has been one of my top choices for UFA targets since early in the season. He's two years removed from being being a Group VI UFA.

People would think that Adams is daft for making that sort of signing. But it is very much what they need.

What's the deal with him? I know nothing about his game.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Ryan Lomburg is a 4th line UFA that Baker & Fairburn loved the idea of adding.

I also wonder if Adams might be interested in Jordan Martinook.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

But we all know that only poinnnntttzzzz matter. If he's not signing scorers then he's just wasting another year

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I think it’s kinda funny that Georgiev just keeps popping up in all these weird stories. Keeps getting chances, he just isn’t good. Him stinking up the joint because the other guy is sick is just a fantastic opener. A leafs loss- the hockey gods entertain.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Bruins do it perfectly and I don’t get the Leafs trying to set the tone on them. You just want to be able to punch them back harder when they initiate.

It sounds like the Leafs are trying to erase their reputation. The problem is, they forget how to actually play hockey when they're trying to be something they are not. If they go play their game and let the more robust players who they've filtered into their lineup do what they do, that's one thing. But trying this hard to be this different is just folly.

Also, JT is the most milquetoast captain. I can't believe the fireball behind the Bandits' bench is his namesake because he's an absolute lamb out there.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Maybe. To me, that kinda looks like someone that is nursing a groin injury.
Can't they look pretty similar? Groin injuries could also lead to back pain. Not a doctor, just going by vague memories of hockey injuries and players solving their backpain by fixing the groin.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Can't they look pretty similar? Groin injuries could also lead to back pain. Not a doctor, just going by vague memories of hockey injuries and players solving their backpain by fixing the groin.

When I played, any groin injury made it hard to do anything on ice. Hell, walking was hard to do. About the only thing I could do without any difference was lay down and block shots.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

There are a couple of videos here from yesterday.

Nylander looked to be laboring, especially early in the session, and misfired entirely on a couple of shot attempts while the ice sheet was still freshly resurfaced. He wasn’t moving with his normal fluidity and frequently hunched over while regrouping along the boards between drills. He had Giordano feed him passes to practice one-timers and went through a series of puck-touch drills under the supervision of assistant coaches Manny Malhotra and Dean Chynoweth.

It would seem to be an encouraging sign that he lasted longer than any of his teammates while remaining out for 56 minutes. He appeared to get more comfortable and loose as the session went on. Nylander finished his work by taking a series of breakaways on Woll and raised a fist in celebration after scoring on his last attempt.

So if it got looser as the session went on........that might indicate a back injury like MOGILNY speculated. Whenever I skated with a groin injury, it NEVER got better as I skated.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It’s fitting that Toronto got the one former Sabre who is actively hurting the team in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad