Around the NHL - (Off-season edition)

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I’ll be honest, and I know he scored tonite, but I was expecting Bedard to come screaming out of the gates and he hasn’t really yet. Probably will get hot soon but I feel a tad bit underwhelmed thus far.

Also is he a guy who can run a powerplay? I’m just not sure if he’s that or more of a cold-blooded finisher.

shach1

Aug 12, 2023
I’ll be honest, and I know he scored tonite, but I was expecting Bedard to come screaming out of the gates and he hasn’t really yet. Probably will get hot soon but I feel a tad bit underwhelmed thus far.

Also is he a guy who can run a powerplay? I’m just not sure if he’s that or more of a cold-blooded finisher.
I think Leo might be more dominant and impactful honestly.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada

He isn't a burner and he isn't big, he may end up having trouble in the game long-term (this guarantees I'll eat my words I'm sure).

Reactions: shach1

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
He isn't a burner and he isn't big, he may end up having trouble in the game long-term (this guarantees I'll eat my words I'm sure).
Haha I agree in all seriousness. I mean what he’s shown so far … will be a great player, but i mean is he really gonna have more of an impact than Matthews??

The way I see it, the blackhawks should be thrilled if he comes to have the impact of Joe Sakic but I mean it’s entirely possible he doesn’t come remotely close to that.

When I watch him, I almost feel like I’m expecting a lot just because the industry and media says I should be, but the vibes I’m getting from watching him are telling me something totally different.

shach1

Aug 12, 2023
Haha I agree in all seriousness. I mean what he’s shown so far … will be a great player, but i mean is he really gonna have more of an impact than Matthews??

The way I see it, the blackhawks should be thrilled if he comes to have the impact of Joe Sakic but I mean it’s entirely possible he doesn’t come remotely close to that.

When I watch him, I almost feel like I’m expecting a lot just because the industry and media says I should be, but the vibes I’m getting from watching him are telling me something totally different.
I'd love to hear how you compare that to Leo so far

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I'd love to hear how you compare that to Leo so far
Im not sure exactly what you mean, but I honestly could see Leo being the more impactful player and yes, potentially putting up more points even. The former I’d say is reasonably likely and the latter less so tho not nothing. Only time will tell.

shach1

Aug 12, 2023
Im not sure exactly what you mean, but I honestly could see Leo being the more impactful player and yes, potentially putting up more points even. The former I’d say is reasonably likely and the latter less so tho not nothing. Only time will tell.
Just how do you think leo looks compared to Bedard?

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Just how do you think leo looks compared to Bedard?
I think it’s tougher for bigger guys to get going right away and Leo also had to deal with adjusting to the NA ice surface and style of play.

everyone knew Bedard would put up points right away and he has but idk he just doesn’t look dominant in any respect and he lacks explosiveness I feel like. He doesn’t really have speed or size. A great shot for sure and high IQ.

Leo probably will take longer to ramp up but in 2-3 years from now, it’ll be fascinating to see. I guess what I’m wondering is if Bedard truly will be a quarterback for his team’s offense. Is he gonna make other guys better by distributing? Is he gonna drive the PP or be a trigger man?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad