OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

Ignatius

TROUBA = CAPTAIN COOKE
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Would have been nice for New York to go down 2 to 0.

But, they barely held on at home.

With double the power plays.

Florida was the better team. If I were New York, I wouldn't be feeling good.

I'm starting to wonder who will be gifted more power plays, the Rangers or the Oilers? What I worry about is upon Florida winning the series and Edmonton winning in the West, the Panther's PK is going to be getting worked hard.

Reactions: wheelz87

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I mean, I literally referenced those San Jose teams as an example of what I meant, who made it to the Cup final against us in 2016.

I'm talking about a team who can finish at or near the top of the standings in the regular season, but for whatever reason, just doesn't seem to have that "it" factor when it comes to winning it all.
I know what you're talking about. I just don't agree with your labels or line of thinking.

A "paper tiger" is a team that doesn't meet expectations, relative to the strength of their top tier roster.
This is the Stars 3rd year in the playoffs with this new core. In year 1 they had 98 points and weren't expected to do much. In year 2 they had 108 points and lost in 6 games to the Cup champs in the 3rd round, which is a very successful season.
And this is year 3, where they took out the defending Champs and a very serious contender.

It's premature to talk about what they can't do. It's year 2 of their window to win it all, and they've won 5 of 6 series'. We can talk about this in like 4-5 years, if they fail to win.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ignatius

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Would have been nice for New York to go down 2 to 0.

But, they barely held on at home.

With double the power plays.

Florida was the better team. If I were New York, I wouldn't be feeling good.

We saw what the PP discrepancy did for them the previous round

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I just want Edmonton eliminated.

Even if it takes the Stars 7

I think most like to make fun of Edmonton, the team and the city.

Although if I lived there I’d be able to afford a house but then I’d have to live in Edmonton

1716683595220.gif

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad