OT: Around the NHL: Go Cats Go

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Without the constant power play gifts, this series would be over on Tuesday night. Florida is on a completely different level than the Rangers 5 on 5.
Uh…not really…incredible goal by Lafreniere…he’s really come into his own after several years of looking like a potential bust…Florida hasn’t done much 5 on 5

Another Rangers goal…sucks to see but it looks like they’ll probably win this series

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I remember seeing that in 2022… f***ing pos

IMG_8896.jpeg

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I mean…injuring the other team’s players is an effective strategy. Until the NHL turns into a serious professional league it’s hard to blame teams like the Rangers for icing a piece of human garbage like Trouba.

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
PK says it should be a major.
Messier and Levy don’t say a thing because holy hell they couldn’t be happier.

I said it on the main board and I'll say it here, Messier ranks among the all-time elite when it comes to throwing an elbow. Trouba got his stupid leadership award for being able to lead with the elbows so well methinks.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Psychopath behavior. The difference between Matt Cooke and Mark Messier was just a buncha points, so no wonder Messier awarded Trouba his leadership award. :laugh: f***ing loser.

Somebody's gotta crumple his knee and end his career before he breaks a guy's neck or something. League's a joke.

I said it on the main board and I'll say it here, Messier ranks among the all-time elite when it comes to throwing an elbow. Trouba got his stupid leadership award for being able to lead with the elbows so well methinks.
Damn. Great minds and all that. :laugh:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The league simply refuses to police the game properly (punishing based on result as opposed to intent, for one) and its player protection is outright abysmal, so just remove the instigator rule and let the players protect each other. The lack of respect among peers and lax DOPS work combined with a game as fast as hockey is nowadays, and with the kinda hard-capped pads players wear, is just a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: canadianguy77

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Cats have like 90 shot attempts compared to NYs 30. If not for special teams, this would have been a sweep. Rags are missing something from that roster because on paper, it should be the class of the league.

Too much Panarin and not enough Verhaeghe?

Reactions: Ignatius

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
The league simply refuses to police the game properly (punishing based on result as opposed to intent, for one) and its player protection is outright abysmal, so just remove the instigator rule and let the players protect each other. The lack of respect among peers and lax DOPS work combined with a game as fast as hockey is nowadays, and with the kinda hard-capped pads players wear, is just a recipe for disaster.
Yet when they slow it down with replay, they STILL get it wrong when assessing psychopaths like Trouba. I can tolerate never understanding goaltender interference, but ignoring elbows to the head with intent, f*** that.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Rags are awfully lucky to be a goal away from leading this series.
They clearly are the the less talented, less disciplined, less structured team that are struggling to not get overwhelmed.

Could they win the series?

Certainly.

Less talented teams do all the time. Especially if a goalie steals the series.

Is it the most likely outcome?

Not in a million years.

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad