OT: Around the NHL: Cup or bust for the Leafs and Oilers? Bust it is!

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Lol you know the pbp has jack shit to say when you're explaining OT and Shootouts as well as how the points are scored.

Utah did such a good job of adding D this off season, but not doing anything with their goaltending is interesting, they're hoping for a lot with Ingram.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Flames are kind of fun to watch, I was very skeptical about Huska, but after a year of just the Flames being an absolute mess, this year they look like a group that is having fun, Hubie is looking like his old self too.

I'd still move Huberdeau if the Flames keep him playing like his old self, there's no reason to keep him when they can keep adding assets for their rebuild.

I love watching Nate get severely p***** off. He is like the Stone Cold of Hockey

It's nice to see players being mad when they should be, meanwhile the Penguins look like they couldn't be bothered on the bench.

Not really goalies fault (horrible defending) but it’s still fun to see

No no, that's not how we do things on the Penguins board.

Shesterkin is shit and a shit goaltender, he allowed 6 goals against Utah and got dummied by Keller.

Igor Shish Kebab is off to the same rocky start as last season.

Reactions: Ignatius

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Flames are kind of fun to watch, I was very skeptical about Huska, but after a year of just the Flames being an absolute mess, this year they look like a group that is having fun, Hubie is looking like his old self too.

I'd still move Huberdeau if the Flames keep him playing like his old self, there's no reason to keep him when they can keep adding assets for their rebuild.

Huby is one of premier forwards in hockey when it comes to generating offense off the rush and went from a system that catered to him in Florida to nothing remotely close to it in Calgary. I surmise that they don't want to play track meet considering the makeup of other teams in their division.

He would be a killer on our 2016 team. Unpopular opinion but I would take him on this team once 87, 71, and 58 are gone under the provision that we get some speedy youth in the lineup that he could work with. Probably wouldn't happen if Sully is still kicking around though.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
They definitely overachieved last season and I don't know if they realized how much they lost for players they had to move or not sign, especially for their team defense and "grit" as it were.

Out:
Ceci, Desharnais, Holloway, Broberg, McLeod, and Foegele

In:
Emberson, Arivdsson, Skinner, Podkolzin, and Dermott.

INJ: Kane

It is early, but there's no way they were going to be a .700 team or whatever they were under Knob when he took over, they most definitely overachieved and had a pretty lucky path to the finals with some of the injuries their opponents had, so I think with that massively inflated ego of being a finalist again is going to be a real ugly eye opener for them this season.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Also depends if a central team crosses over to the Pacific for a wild card (and if Vegas somehow swaps divisions again). If not, they'll have a fairly easy road to conference finals again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad