World Cup: National Team threads #2

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Watching Austria-Norway now and expecting to see a lot of goals.

I saw it coming haha, Haaland hits the post within 5 minutes, than Arnautovic hits a sweet shot for his 38th (!) NT goal, and then Austria misses another couple chances. Full tilt football so far.

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Inside an hour Austria are 3-1 up and deservedly so, winning the game comfortably in midfield.

5-1 inside 70 minutes. Haaland isn't seeing any finals with this Norwegian defence.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Can't wait to see how tommorrow's match goes. If the Stiller-Pavlovic double pivot is ready, almost everything would be falling into place for us to be serious threats in 2026. I'd still have my reservations about Tah-Rüdiger when we have Schlotterbeck (& Chabot), but we'd still have one hell of a starting 11:

Havertz
Wirtz - Undav - Musiala
Pavlovic - Stiller
Mittelstädt - Tah - Rüdiger - Kimmich
ter Stegen​

...with a ton of quality depth for the front 4; Füllkrug, Kleindienst, Moukoko, Burkardt, Beier, Adeyemi, Gruda, Wanner, Sane, Gnabry, Führich, Brandt, Werner, Leweling, Schade, Brunner, Darvich, Weiper, Moerstedt.

Some strong alternatives at CB; Schlotterbeck, Chabot, Thiaw, Anton...good depth at LB; Raum, Gosens, Rothe, Netz, Kabar...and solid depth behind MAtS; Bauman, Ortega, Nübel. Though the depth on the right side of defense & the double pivot is a lot iffier.

Last edited:

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I never understand how Croatia do so well, they're always garbage when we play them.
Who is "you"? Scotland?

We do have that ability to play down (or up) to the level of the competition.

And without explosive scorers that we had in the past (Suker, Boksic, Eduardo, even Mandzukic to a point), we don't really blow "inferior" teams apart... One goal games are basically something we've been subscribed too for ages now.
But in most cases, the team controls the game through the midfield and the "1 goal" is hopefully in our favor.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It's a matter of :
1/ asking for missing a NT game as a captain to heal his injury
2/ play in the next CL game
3/ start in the next Liga game
4/ start a propaganda because people are questioning him about him getting a special program to get back to full form at Real
5/ instead of getting that program, he goes 3 fulls days in Sweden, parties and goes full Pol Pot by forbidding anyone to have a cell phone in that club.

If you think it's all about needing a day off, you're mistaken.
Think there was a little more to Pol Pot than not letting someone use a cell phone.

• Haha
Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Police refusing to talk about what I presume is an open investigation. Evilo take a break man
From what?
Clearly, if Mbappe had been more professionnal, shit like this wouldn't happen. There's a chance he has nothing to do with this, but again, he shouldn't be in this situation.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
People can't read here.
I've criticized Mbappe for months, way before he left L1. And I said a LONG time ago he would leave this summer which I was more than fine with.

And yes I'm implying there was a rape in Mbappe's hotel while he was there and now the press is all over it. If he had been training like he said he would, none of that would have happenned.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
And it was obvious months/years before he left that Mbappe didn't give a damn about the club and the league.

Unless the guy's actually involved, the press won't be all over it and it'll be a total non-issue outside of whack jobs on twitter and tabloids.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Oh really?
News to me.
Given that you said he went - and I'm going to quote you here - "full Pol Pot by forbidding anyone to have a cell phone in that club," it seems like it very well might be news to you.

That's okay, I'm happy to educate the less worldly among us.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And it was obvious months/years before he left that Mbappe didn't give a damn about the club and the league.

Unless the guy's actually involved, the press won't be all over it and it'll be a total non-issue outside of whack jobs on twitter and tabloids.
And now he doesn't give a damn about the NT and Real.
See the trend?

Given that you said he went - and I'm going to quote you here - "full Pol Pot by forbidding anyone to have a cell phone in that club," it seems like it very well might be news to you.

That's okay, I'm happy to educate the less worldly among us.
Lol you think you can school me on Pol Pot over a joke I made?
My oh my are you limited...

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad