OT: Around the NHL: Cup or bust for the Leafs and Oilers? Bust it is!

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Buffalo seems to be that team that no matter how much they've "improved" in the off-season and hockey people are predicting them to do well, they end up sucking.
Who said they improved? Kevyn Adams is the worst GM in sports not just hockey. Should not be near a front office. Buffalo hasn’t made the playoffs in 13 years and likely 14.. they look horrendous. They legit look worse than the Sharks and Jackets

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Oh, same ol' same ol'. Nothing he could have done in Los Angeles. Things just didn't work out with the Kings. His lack of self-reflection is disgraceful.
1728683979000.jpeg

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I just don't think Jake really fit on the power play with the Pens. He wasn't horrible, but he definitely wasn't supplanting Sid or Geno in their spots, he's not a point guy, so he was kinda just left to work as the slot/net-front dude and I don't think he's really suited for it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I just don't think Jake really fit on the power play with the Pens. He wasn't horrible, but he definitely wasn't supplanting Sid or Geno in their spots, he's not a point guy, so he was kinda just left to work as the slot/net-front dude and I don't think he's really suited for it.
I think he'd be fine if he was the exclusive bumper/slot guy, but Sullivan seemed to insist on him being the Hornqvist guy standing literally on top of the goalie.

Tampa uses Point as the bumper guy, but typically has a Paul/Killorn as the net front guy. They don't throw 5'10 Point in front of the goalie and let him take a bunch of abuse all 2 minutes.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $716.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 3