OT: Around the NHL: Cup or bust for the Leafs and Oilers? Bust it is!

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Should have been kicked out for this and fined or suspended. Can’t be hitting refs with your stick even if it’s accidental

Linesman has to be the worst job in all of professional referring. Have to stop fights and you accidently get punched all the time and now this. Agree that this kind of stuff should result in suspensions. Gotta be responsible for your stick and all that.

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Yeah wasn’t Tyler f***ing Kennedy our first line centre for awhile that year?? :laugh: :help:

What a clusterf*** of a season that was….

No, Jordan Staal and Mark Letestu became our top two centers but Tyler Kennedy did in fact become our most reliable player in terms of offensive production and clutch scoring.

That team was pretty much Staal, Kennedy, and Brent Johnson carrying a MASH unit across the finish line.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
No, Jordan Staal and Mark Letestu became our top two centers but Tyler Kennedy did in fact become our most reliable player in terms of offensive production and clutch scoring.

That team was pretty much Staal, Kennedy, and Brent Johnson carrying a MASH unit across the finish line.
I think that year even Dustin Jeffrey hurt his knee.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

Test Tube!!!

There’s a name I haven’t thought of in years… :laugh:

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh

And even that group managed to get a 3-1 lead in the playoffs... only to blow it.

Oh shit, we had Kovy that year doing nothing too, right?! Wild times.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Should have been kicked out for this and fined or suspended. Can’t be hitting refs with your stick even if it’s accidental

I’d say that is on the linesman should have been more aware, you walk into a situation like that you gotta ready to take some accidental damage somehow. Player didn’t do anything wrong other than be in a dumb battle with someone.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
And even that group managed to get a 3-1 lead in the playoffs... only to blow it.

That was more or less Tampa being embarrassed and then woke up if anything. The fact that the Pens even went up 3-1 against them was a miracle and most of us knew there was no way this was going to last and then sure enough, I think Game 5 was like a 8-2 destruction by the Bolts and they never looked back in that series. I remember that series, felt bad for MAF, Game 7 he played his ass off when the narrative was back to “another collapse by Fleury” for Games 5 & 6. The team couldn’t score a goal and Bolts won 1-0 in Game 7, this team has loved its dwarves though, I remember Chris Conner was on that team as well.

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin

Not just Kovy but also James Neal AND Matt Niskanen were both dead weight even though those two definitely picked it up during the next season.

What I remember is that some WBS kids did come up and make a noticeable impact, not long-term but enough that it made me wonder why we were not giving more youth a shot. Of course that still has not changed for the most part since except in a few cases like Jake and Maatta.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
That was more or less Tampa being embarrassed and then woke up if anything. The fact that the Pens even went up 3-1 against them was a miracle and most of us knew there was no way this was going to last and then sure enough, I think Game 5 was like a 8-2 destruction by the Bolts and they never looked back in that series. I remember that series, felt bad for MAF, Game 7 he played his ass off when the narrative was back to “another collapse by Fleury” for Games 5 & 6. The team couldn’t score a goal and Bolts won 1-0 in Game 7, this team has loved its dwarves though, I remember Chris Conner was on that team as well.
Chris Conner had a penalty shot in game six of that series and managed to not even get a shot.

• Haha
Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad