OT: Around the NHL: Cup or bust for the Leafs and Oilers? Bust it is!

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
Sacramento, CA
The amount of mainboard wankers crying that Columbus should get the #1 pick this year is laughably hilarious.

No Columbus. Just because Gaudreau died tragically and you have a bunch of other guys out injured does not mean you deserve special treatment.
I said the same recently

It's one thing if a player dies on the ice, then maybe..

But it's squarely in the "people die tragically everyday" column for me

I'm also an asshole

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I said the same recently

It's one thing if a player dies on the ice, then maybe..

But it's squarely in the "people die tragically everyday" column for me

I'm also an asshole
If Columbus wants the number one pick, they need to do it the right way; cover up sexual abuse, tank, have the NHL give you a laughable punishment, and let you keep your first to draft a franchise altering player.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Igor’s got balls to reject that. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t he benched for Quick for a couple months last year?
His first few months of the season he was sub .900 for his GAA, he wasn't great at all until later in the season.

What makes it worse for me is knowing Sid prepares that hard only for a dipshit coach to act like he makes adjustments and puts the right players in the line-up to succeed.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Utah is fun to watch. A lot of fast and skilled players. Keller, Cooley, Guenther etc.
The way they overhauled that defense was impressive. To first move the team and all that mayhem, then go and pick up Sergachev and Marino while still having 16m in cap space is just bonkers.

Also hilarious how bad the previous owners were.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
That’s what I thought. Rags fans didn’t want him until the team D started collapsing in front of the net ala what they used to do under Torts for Lundqvist.
Yeah it's been their go to method since Renney was the coach, to have as many D collapse and block as many shots as they can, I feel like they're probably a top 5 team for blocked shots since 2005-06.

Edit: I guess they aren't, either way...I really hope they sign him at like 12m with a buyout proof contract just to see the Rangers fans crying with that cap issue.

Ignatius

Utah Direwolf
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
The amount of mainboard wankers crying that Columbus should get the #1 pick this year is laughably hilarious.

No Columbus. Just because Gaudreau died tragically and you have a bunch of other guys out injured does not mean you deserve special treatment.

I think back to the Penguins 2010-2011 season in which Sid and Geno had season ending injuries halfway through and we had plenty of other injuries to other random players all season long.

For most of the second half of the season it was Jordan Staal and our normal bottom six forwards playing with a mishmash of WBS kids. It was interesting and not always pretty but the team still remained competitive, made the playoffs, and put up a pretty good fight in the first round against a very solid Tampa team that we took to 7 and then the Lightning went to 7 in the ECF against the eventual cup-winning Boston team.

Some sports franchises just cannot and perhaps will never be able to put it all together. It sucks being a fan but it is what it is.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I think back to the Penguins 2010-2011 season in which Sid and Geno had season ending injuries halfway through and we had plenty of other injuries to other random players all season long.

For most of the second half of the season it was Jordan Staal and our normal bottom six forwards playing with a mishmash of WBS kids. It was interesting and not always pretty but the team still remained competitive, made the playoffs, and put up a pretty good fight in the first round against a very solid Tampa team that we took to 7 and then the Lightning went to 7 in the ECF against the eventual cup-winning Boston team.

Some sports franchises just cannot and perhaps will never be able to put it all together. It sucks being a fan but it is what it is.

Yeah wasn’t Tyler f***ing Kennedy our first line centre for awhile that year?? :laugh: :help:

What a clusterf*** of a season that was….

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
The way they overhauled that defense was impressive. To first move the team and all that mayhem, then go and pick up Sergachev and Marino while still having 16m in cap space is just bonkers.

Also hilarious how bad the previous owners were.
They could be in the race for #28 near the deadline, if they stay in contention for a playoff spot. Lots of young talent and a boatload of picks.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad