Around the NHL 2024/25

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Anybody else notice .... people wearing Jets jerseys at games where the Jets are not even playing?
Twice last week in 2 different games fans were sitting right behind the visitors bench wear the Jets jersey.
If this keeps up ... Jets will be Canada's team by Christmas.
Yup. They usually do a "Lost Fan" piece on the scoreboard at games and show people wearing team jerseys that are not playing.

Reactions: macmaroon

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
A lot of Swedes barely have an accent. I think there are linguistic similarities between English and Swedish (they're both Germanic, but I think we also share a lot of the same sounds that are tricky for non-native English speakers).

Reactions: BarnabyJones PI

BarnabyJones PI

I'd kindly settle for a tall glass of milk.
A lot of Swedes barely have an accent. I think there are linguistic similarities between English and Swedish (they're both Germanic, but I think we also share a lot of the same sounds that are tricky for non-native English speakers).
That's right. Nicklas Lidstrom in particular, speaks as though he was raised in Canada.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

I know Swedes who talk like they have a mouth full of marbles, almost sound Dutch. I knew a Swedish girl who spoke English with a very cultured British accent. That is the way they were taught in school.

She started her English in the first year of school and it continued to the end of high school. They give it that much priority.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Turns out you can just tune in to the Amazon broadcasts (or at least this Leafs one) before the game actually starts and it's just a feed of cameras around the arena with a timer in the top left. There's some behind the scenes areas of the arena too.
It cycles between showing concourses, the belly of the arena, and the ice with seats as they're filling before the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad