Around the NHL 2024/25

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Montreal, Detroit? Chicago and TML are both questionable. Boston seems to never need to rebuild. They were supposed to entering a rebuild in 15. Blew it completely and never skipped a beat, somehow. That leaves Rangers of the Original 6.

Sunbelt teams in Fla have completed successful rebuilds in recent years. Carolina got a break picking up Aho where they did but still haven't managed to complete the job. The California teams are rebuilding now. The jury is out. I'm not sure your generalizations hold true.

Dallas seems to be following the Boston model. But their current strength comes from a lot of players outperforming their draft positions. Is that something they will be able to repeat next cycle?
The Wing fans after yesterday's beat down by the Rangers are roasting Yzerman ... he is trending on X.
They want him fired asap ... the joys of rebuilds.:laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The Wing fans after yesterday's beat down by the Rangers are roasting Yzerman ... he is trending on X.
They want him fired asap ... the joys of rebuilds.:laugh:
I'm very relieved we didn't go down that path of a full on rebuild. The margin of error for an undesirable market is extremely tight and usually requires drafting a generational player that you can convince to stay after his required 7 years. Most successful rebuilds also requiring quickly attracting enough free agents to jump start you climb back up after your couple years on the bottom.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
I usually wait until 20 games into the season before I see a definite trend. Oilers from last year as an example.
Agreed it's a long season and having a bad month in the beginning of the season can be made up by a good team. Colorado has all the talent in the world except in net, and Nashville pick ups need to play better if they can.

Reactions: Jets 31

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Agreed it's a long season and having a bad month in the beginning of the season can be made up by a good team. Colorado has all the talent in the world except in net, and Nashville pick ups need to play better if they can.
And i hope neither team does play any better.:nod:

Reactions: bustamente

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They were a victim of losing the McDavid sweepstakes... if they dont lose that lottery, they are a contender again

I really would have made a play for Brossoit if I was the Sabres GM...

That was the bad luck. The lack of patience has happened a few times. The bad timing was accumulating high picks for weak draft classes.

They finally did win the lottery, twice. Took 2 Dmen. Both seem to be working out. The Mittelstadt trade gave them a third top 4 picked LHD. Some can play the right side but it still might be too much of their talent concentrated on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad