Around the NHL 2024/25

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Let's say the he demanded top 6 or else ...

I am sure we will hear something coming out of PIT sooner than later now that he's already been sent down... Right? That will then proof that it's not about the city and therefore not about being butthurt... Right? 😘

I don't mean to be mean, it's just a tiny bit too obvious guys. Sure, Not everyone, it's never EVERYONE... Jet for example as explained sure has no reason.

Anyway, not looking to fight here. Just don't let it get to you. Who cares what some US kid straight out of college thinks.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The amount of butthurt about the WPG complex is again way too high people 😂
We have to have WPG complex to be able to live here lol

We need to convince ourselves that it's not that bad, and then along comes Rutger (and @Jet lol) to remind us that is does, indeed, suck

Besides... only Winnipeggers are allowed to talk shit about Winnipeg. Thems the rules

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I haven't been to Scranton is about a decade. I wonder if it's doing what all other mid-sized rust-belt cities are doing, and turning into a brewery city.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
We have to have WPG complex to be able to live here lol

We need to convince ourselves that it's not that bad, and then along comes Rutger (and @Jet lol) to remind us that is does, indeed, suck

Besides... only Winnipeggers are allowed to talk shit about Winnipeg. Thems the rules
I don't know about convincing being required, but I guess it depends on the person. Personally I always loved Winnipeg and I still do. I've lived in Onterrible for 15 years now and it will never feel like home to me.

Winnipeg's not for everyone. The winters can certainly be intense, but the low humidity I have really come to appreciate in hindsight having lived through so much humidity where I am now. And I really liked the fact that Winnipeg had everything of the stuff I like ... museum, symphony, ballet, opera. Living in southwest Ontario, I have to drive all the way to Hamilton for one, London for another, Toronto for others. Nowhere has everything in one place.

I assume traffic has gotten worse since I left just as it's gotten worse here, but it was worse when I moved here in '08 than in Winnipeg and I'm sure it still is.

That said, if Rutger doesn't want to live here, so be it. The reason I hate on him is for his BS lies about being "fired-up" "excited" and "pumped" about being drafted by Winnipeg "such a great organization". I just hate the two-facedness and disingenuousness if he never wanted to be here. In addition to the arrogance of wanting to play NHL despite not being NHL ready.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
That theory was debunked though - even Chevy said there was never a conversation with him about a guaranteed role, or anything else. Rutger simply said it's not a good fit and I won't sign. I think he probably just didn't like the City but he's not going to say that publicly.

Regardless, a trade was made and I think Chevy got good value considering the circumstances.
Either way to demand a trade before even making the team and at least trying to see if he liked it here is bad enough for me to say shoo , shoo buggar off . Stuff like this can kill the small market team .

Reactions: ERYX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad