Around the NHL: 2024-25 Season, Are You Not Entertained?

debaser66

Mar 10, 2012

In other news, water is wet.
The league should give im a lenghty suspension but than again it's the league

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

In other news, water is wet.

Strangely enough, I didn't find this one all that dubious. Barron puts himself into a terrible spot and Trouba keeps his arm in to his body. There is no chickenwing or jump or any of the other shenanigans one would associate with a questionable hit. But he does him Barron in the head and then he hits his head on the ice. Barron needs to be more aware there - there is no one masking Trouba's approach, he's a known hitter, Barron is not even looking at him as he crouches into contact. It's a Covair move -- unsafe at any speed.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
And of course that fake phony fraud Patty Kane steals it for the Wings. I have a billion times more respect for Jack Eichel than I do that guy and people will cheer him like he's a returning hero on Saturday, makes me sick.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Lightning lose to Wild in regulation. I'm not convinced the Lightning are a good team. They have 1 great line, a decent second line, and their bottom six is not good. They will rely heavily on that top line being GREAT and more importantly healthy all year long.
As an aside, I really hate seeing Zemgus having to pay tuff guy minutes and eating punches.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

A certain Sabres podcast brought to you by the letters C, T, and E will be in shambles about this. I’m fairly certain they wanted to trade Owen Power for him for the last year.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Casey having a nice night for Colorado. I don't have the issues with the trade a lot of folks seem to ( which are certainly reasonable), but I'll always be happy to see him do well.
How can a team hire 3 historically awful/incompetent GM's in a row? Everyone with half a brain knew trading Mitts was the absolute most idiotic thing we could've done but Kevyn not only traded him but did it for a poor fitting redundancy.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
I’m not rooting against Mittelstadt. I’m angry that we have no 2C.

How can a team hire 3 historically awful/incompetent GM's in a row? Everyone with half a brain knew trading Mitts was the absolute most idiotic thing we could've done but Kevyn not only traded him but did it for a poor fitting redundancy.

I really, truly did not intend to re-kindle debate about the Mitts trade in this thread (which is pretty much all I'll say on that front). Just wanted to point out Casey was having a great night and I personally, thought it was nice to see.

And I don't know that I've heard of anyone rooting against him. There are always some folks who hold grudges after players leave, so I guess it would be possible, but in this case I think it would take a truly special level of pettiness.

Reactions: Chainshot

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
And of course that fake phony fraud Patty Kane steals it for the Wings. I have a billion times more respect for Jack Eichel than I do that guy and people will cheer him like he's a returning hero on Saturday, makes me sick.
What kind of gobbly gook imaginary narrative are you on about ?

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
And if he signed with say the Rags or Broooooonz I'd at least understand he wants one last shot at the cup, but freaking Detroit??? They're literally in the same goddamned boat as we are.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
The fact the beloved local hero would sooner play for a KHL team than the Sabres. Signing with the Wings was even more hilarious when you remember the Wings have always been one of the Blackhawks most hated rivals.
Looks like smarter hockey decisions to me ?

Show me where we made a offer for him ? or where he is quoted saying he would rather play abroad ? These sound like made up narratives and "lies".

He still has family and friends in South Buffalo btw. One's I would not mess with.

Last edited:

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Looks like smarter hockey decisions to me ?
Show me were we made a offer for him ?

He still has family and friends in South Buffalo. One's I would not mess with.
The Wings are dogshit and Timothy Dexter'ing their way to some wins doesn't change anything and they aren't winning shit anytime soon. And we all know Pegula is a clueless bumpkin but if you seriously think he wouldn't have jumped at the chance to sign Kane and fill our half empty arena you couldn't be more wrong. And if you don't think the GM who got his job for his ability to say "Yes Mr Pegula" tried to sign him you couldn't be more wrong.

I will say this: if his decision to not come home was driven by a desire to not be around "family and friends I would not mess with" and the potential complications it might lead to then it's far more understandable and I would strike my prior comments from the record.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad