Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_0177.jpeg

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
May be not the worst time to sell them something when Luke&Pesce will come back.

We'll see what the Devils decide to do with Kovacevic/Nemec, but Utah probably has other options (prospects/waivers claim/UFA) than say DeSimone.

LHD: Sergachev-Valimaki-Cole(can play right side)-Kolyachonok
RHD: Kesselring-Bortuzzo-Lamoureux

If they go on a losing streak, I wouldn't be surprised if the owner presses them to trade one of their bajillion draft picks for immediate help. But Elliotte Friedman mentioned in his podcast this week that nobody's really ready to deal centers or D right now.

Reactions: Guadana

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
We'll see what the Devils decide to do with Kovacevic/Nemec, but Utah probably has other options (prospects/waivers claim/UFA) than say DeSimone.

LHD: Sergachev-Valimaki-Cole(can play right side)-Kolyachonok
RHD: Kesselring-Bortuzzo-Lamoureux

If they go on a losing streak, I wouldn't be surprised if the owner presses them to trade one of their bajillion draft picks for immediate help. But Elliotte Friedman mentioned in his podcast this week that nobody's really ready to deal centers or D right now.
We have 7 roster level defensemen and one young defenseman who is close to be ready for NHL and very talented(plus one NHL level Misyul, but his price isnt actually big). And even with his mistakes, Nemec was better than Hamilton and Dillion.
(Its not for you, its for everyone who wants to sh1t on players of our own team. Im lazy to argue about how Nemec was the worst player in the team in recent days, he wasnt, he was one of the good ones, I have eyes and I dont have bias against euros or against NAs or against any Devils players. We already traded Ty Smith and Will Butcher away. So please, dont waste my time, I will not answer. Its a shame what we saw this season in our community).

May be something tradable is there.

They have plenty of young talents, they made tonns of picks in recent years. And I believe they need to sell product now.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We have 7 roster level defensemen and one young defenseman who is close to be ready for NHL and very talented(plus one NHL level Misyul, but his price isnt actually big). And even with his mistakes, Nemec was better than Hamilton and Dillion.
(Its not for you, its for everyone who wants to sh1t on players of our own team. Im lazy to argue about how Nemec was the worst player in the team in recent days, he wasnt, he was one of the good ones, I have eyes and I dont have bias against euros or against NAs or against any Devils players. We already traded Ty Smith and Will Butcher away. So please, dont waste my time, I will not answer. Its a shame what we saw this season in our community).

May be something tradable is there.

They have plenty of young talents, they made tonns of picks in recent years. And I believe they need to sell product now.
they can't trade Hamilton until next season and they won't trade Dillon after just signing him. I don't see them trading Siegenthaler right now absent a gross overpayment and even then I'd expect the return to be a roster player. Same for Kovacevic who has played well. The only really tradable defender right now is Misyul. I'd be disappointed if he was moved but if he returned a similarly situated wing or center prospect I'd understand it.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
they can't trade Hamilton until next season and they won't trade Dillon after just signing him. I don't see them trading Siegenthaler right now absent a gross overpayment and even then I'd expect the return to be a roster player. Same for Kovacevic who has played well. The only really tradable defender right now is Misyul. I'd be disappointed if he was moved but if he returned a similarly situated wing or center prospect I'd understand it.
Of course I like Misyul, I really think he can be very useful player for this team now, but we really need more offensive depth, so if he is a part of a package for a solid forward or close to NHL prospect - im in.
I just not so sure about we cant trade Dillion. If you are talking about reputation and worry of future free agents who will or will not sign with us... ah... may be, but we are in the win now mode... so may be we should not so worry about it... Im not so sure, may be we should worry about winning and players can worry about winning too, and his deal is good anyway I dont think he signed with us just to make a try to win one last time. Im not so sure. It doesnt look really well I agree but may be we should not care. Train of thoughts.

Would be great if Fitz can chat about it with Hamilton now. In the way of losing minutes potentially and keeping his career and role for Hamilton. It sounds iffy, he is already having his deal, but may be its important for Dougie to play more meaningful role. I should agree there are not so many options for trading him now. Personally Im not so sure we will trade him after this season.

I dont want to trade Kovacevic at all, he is fantastics, but may be for the really good price we will not cry about him if we will have strong top six forward for Kovacevic+Misyul for example. Again - Im not fully on for this type of a deal but I dont see a problem to think about it and listen if I would be Fitz.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Of course I like Misyul, I really think he can be very useful player for this team now, but we really need more offensive depth, so if he is a part of a package for a solid forward or close to NHL prospect - im in.
I just not so sure about we cant trade Dillion. If you are talking about reputation and worry of future free agents who will or will not sign with us... ah... may be, but we are in the win now mode... so may be we should not so worry about it... Im not so sure, may be we should worry about winning and players can worry about winning too, and his deal is good anyway I dont think he signed with us just to make a try to win one last time. Im not so sure. It doesnt look really well I agree but may be we should not care. Train of thoughts.

Would be great if Fitz can chat about it with Hamilton now. In the way of losing minutes potentially and keeping his career and role for Hamilton. It sounds iffy, he is already having his deal, but may be its important for Dougie to play more meaningful role. I should agree there are not so many options for trading him now. Personally Im not so sure we will trade him after this season.

I dont want to trade Kovacevic at all, he is fantastics, but may be for the really good price we will not cry about him if we will have strong top six forward for Kovacevic+Misyul for example. Again - Im not fully on for this type of a deal but I dont see a problem to think about it and listen if I would be Fitz.
I think it’s considered poor form to sign someone and trade them more or less right away. If someone on NJ gets pummeled and he does nothing afterwards if he open to the idea though. And before the young crowd chimes in it’s not about deterrence. I know that doesn’t really exist in the NHL. It’s about injuring guys which is why these hits are delivered and why NJ needs to do it.

Reactions: Guadana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad