Around the NHL 2024-2025

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
The Colorado Avalanche are down 2-1 after 1 period to the Bruins.

They've given up 22 goals in 10 periods of hockey this season. They've allowed at least one goal in every period. They've given up 2 or more in 7 periods.

You hate to see it.
I'm going to start calling them the Crapalanche.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
The Colorado Avalanche are down 2-1 after 1 period to the Bruins.

They've given up 22 goals in 10 periods of hockey this season. They've allowed at least one goal in every period. They've given up 2 or more in 7 periods.

You hate to see it.
Now down 4-1. Gave up 2 13 seconds apart. Georgiev has actually played pretty well, too, honestly. Boston has just pounded chance after chance on him.

EDIT:Side note, Eddie O might legitimately be high in the booth. He’s always kind of a goofball, he’s seriously out to lunch right now.

Last edited:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I think what happened in that one is Marchand dove so hard against Rantanen and of course the ref fell for it, not long after refs missed an accidental but definite high sticking penalty, that the Avs literally decided to do extra embellishments. First there was the shoulder to shoulder writher Wood. He nearly died on the ice, the arena went deathly silent but he was ok. Then either Coyle crosschecked an Av in the dick or near enough that he could fake it, but either way he looked like he was dying in real time on the ice, but turned out he was fine a shift or so later

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I'm really, really surprised that Georgiev was in net again last night. He clearly doesn't have it right now and I don't think that playing him at home over and over is the way for him to get it back. He's been awful, but has started all 4 of their games so far.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Can't wait for the first Detroit - Buffalo matchup. I really can't tell which team is worse. Leaning towards Detroit being worse, at least the Sabres have a little bit of hope in goal and on defense. Detroit is just a mess.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Who would have thought Calgary would be 4-0 and Vancouver, Edmonton, Colorado and Nashville would be a combined 1-11-2?

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Can't wait for the first Detroit - Buffalo matchup. I really can't tell which team is worse. Leaning towards Detroit being worse, at least the Sabres have a little bit of hope in goal and on defense. Detroit is just a mess.
Every time I ask when it's okay to start scrutinizing Yzerman I get blasted. I'm still curious.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Every time I ask when it's okay to start scrutinizing Yzerman I get blasted. I'm still curious.
I've regularly defended the Yzerplan, but I think maybe he is being a little too much of a hard ass. This is based on gut and on reports that he is centrally looking for character guys and guys who have that Red Wings mentality, whatever that is.

My managerial style is that of a hard ass with unrealistic expectations, but I'm ex-military, soooo...

Yzerman is stone cold focused and is not settling for less, but this is a new age, a new day and he may be missing the plot.

All in all, they've improved in points each season he's been at the helm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad