Around the NHL 2023-24 regular season

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Engvall is one of the faster players on their slow roster.

But I'm not sure why you would even sign him to a 7 year deal in the first place.

Why?

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
Engvall is one of the faster players on their slow roster.

But I'm not sure why you would even sign him to a 7 year deal in the first place.

Why?
I think waiving him is the kind of thing that's needed on the Island.

They don't have a lot of young guys who will improve just by experience.

Instead, they've got a bunch of guys who probably normally deliver 70% - 80% of their peak stats. The only way that team becomes a contender is if all those guys deliver 90% - 110% of their historical peak.

Basically, Roy needs to ride the whip over there, and Engvall is the first guy to really feel the lash. I think Lou would prefer that Engvall clears waivers and responds to the slight. But, even if that doesn't happen, the message has been sent to everyone else.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think waiving him is the kind of thing that's needed on the Island.

They don't have a lot of young guys who will improve just by experience.

Instead, they've got a bunch of guys who probably normally deliver 70% - 80% of their peak stats. The only way that team becomes a contender is if all those guys deliver 90% - 110% of their historical peak.

Basically, Roy needs to ride the whip over there, and Engvall is the first guy to really feel the lash. I think Lou would prefer that Engvall clears waivers and responds to the slight. But, even if that doesn't happen, the message has been sent to everyone else.
I do wonder if maybe they're just pissed off with him and feel like he had a really bad camp and preseason, or maybe he showed up in bad shape or something. Maybe just sending a message to him?

The Ducks did something like this to Adam Henrique at the beginning of the 20-21 season when he had 4 years left on his deal, which I think was only the second year of his deal also? I don't think he even played a game for the AHL Ducks, they may not have even made him report at all. He cleared waivers and was recalled maybe a week or two later?

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dammit, I was hoping it'd drag into November at least.
It wouldn't have mattered! Korpisalo (I almost typed Kovacevic when I couldn't think of his name lol) would have at least been adequate enough to keep them firmly in a playoff spot behind that team!:sarcasm:

Reactions: BostonDevil

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
It wouldn't have mattered! Korpisalo (I almost typed Kovacevic when I couldn't think of his name lol) would have at least been adequate enough to keep them firmly in a playoff spot behind that team!:sarcasm:
I would have LOVED to see Krapisalo play for them.

Good enough deal for a guy who's never played more than ~45 games in a season. Of course I'm hoping for failure and they are ruined by this contract/player.

Then again, I'm hoping for failure in Boston wherever I can get it.

50+ Years. 1 Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad