Around the NHL 2023-24 - Offseason

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
What a terrible trade by Chicago. Why would you give up a 2nd round pick to move up a mere two spots from 20OA to 18OA and four spots in round two?! They don’t even know who will or will not be on the board yet. I really don’t understand this piece of business at all.

Chicago has a million picks. As of right now, they have 12 picks in the first 2 rounds of the next 3 drafts. They've also made 11 picks in each of the last two drafts, including 5 first-round picks and 5 second-round picks. They will run out of room in Rockford for all these players, and have to face tough decisions about not signing players, or players possibly re-entering the draft/going UFA rather than signing with a team that has an overloaded depth chart. I think that while they definitely gave up some value, they made a smart trade for their organization.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
What a terrible trade by Chicago. Why would you give up a 2nd round pick to move up a mere two spots from 20OA to 18OA and four spots in round two?! They don’t even know who will or will not be on the board yet. I really don’t understand this piece of business at all.
Because Chief Scout can really like 18 players on this draft. Or they will continue to go up through other trades.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Okhotyuk headed to khl
I guess San Jose won this trade:

IMG_7364.jpeg

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
its hilarious/sad how much of a good ol boys club the NHL actually is. There are really only ~40 guys who are considered for coaching jobs, and its really annoying.
Yea considering they have leach on the staff and warsofsky is available from San Jose as well.

Seattle isn’t close to really competing and now woulda been a good time to give a younger guy a shot just based on timeline

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yea considering they have leach on the staff and warsofsky is available from San Jose as well.

Seattle isn’t close to really competing and now woulda been a good time to give a younger guy a shot just based on timeline
It's looking more and more like Francis will be GANKED before that team is consistently competitive. They're a fast team, but they badly lack skill and are just all around boring. Probably the second most boring team in the league last year behind only the Capitals.

They also have 3 more years of the toxic Grubauer contract. I still think there's a chance they buy him out this offseason, but probably next offseason, if not.

Unless he has a random good season and it halts it for yet another year.

They fired their goalie coach after the first two years. New goalie coach had no such luck in reviving him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

And....While we're on the topic of Warsofsky in San Jose, here comes another LOL from the good ol boys club.

Friedman said on his podcast today that Marco Sturm interviewed for the Sharks head coaching position and that he believes Warsofsky is in the mix, but that he's also heard that.....here's a fun name for everybody......JEFF BLASHILL is getting a second interview.

Jeff Blashill who missed the playoffs like 8 years in a row (okay, it was actually 6 years in a row and 6 of 7 years total) in his one stint.

What the f*** is Grier thinking? Fires Quinn, fires one of the best athletic trainers in sports, and gives TRASHILL multiple interviews? Why wouldn't he just keep David Quinn for a couple more years? Blashill is basically David Quinn, only with even more seasons coached in the NHL and just as shitty of a resume?

WHY IS JEFF BLASHILL A SERIOUS CANDIDATE FOR ANOTHER NHL HEAD COACHING JOB?? WHY?!

At least Disco Dan won a cup many years ago lol.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Bylsma is only 53 and has done an excellent job with their AHL team in Coachella. It’s weird to announce it now since they’re still in the AHL WCF but maybe they want to move on and pick other staff/replacements now.
Only 53. LOL . Only. He might as well be riding a horse and buggy to the practice facility.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Don Waddell has now become the most random 3 different team GM I can ever remember.

Most guys don't get to be GM or even president/head of of hockey ops for 3 different teams. Lou has been, Rutherford has been (though only 2 times as the actual GM) and Brian Burke has been either a GM or president of hockey ops for I think 6 different teams? With 4 as the GM.

I think Bryan Murray was GM for 4 different teams over a 25-30 year span. There's probably a few more from before my time.

Most guys don't get a third chance. Ray Shero hasn't.

Don Waddell is a much more random name than Lou, Jim Rutherford, Burke or Murray. I think all of those guys other than Murray have won the cup with at least one of those teams. Rutherford has with 2.

Did Waddell ever win the cup as a member of some other team's front office? I'm not sure about that.

Just checked - He has. He was the assistant general manager of the Red Wings when they won the cup in 97-98. I guess he got hired by Atlanta after that. For some reason I thought I remembered him working for Chicago in between Atlanta and Carolina, but all I see is Pittsburgh for like 2 years as a scout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad