Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If there is expansion anytime soon, we would lose a good player or 2.
Assuming you get to protect six forwards not on ELCs it's pretty easy. J. Hughes, J. Bratt. T. Meier, N. Hischier, D. Mercer, and Cotter (at that price he is a steal). I don't see any team taking Palat, Haula (despite the drink stirring), or anyone else with a contract lasting longer than this season. On defense assuming you can protect three in addition to ELCs you'd have L. Hughes, D. Hamilton, and B. Pesce. I guess you lose one of Siegenthaler or Dillon? My guess would be a team would take Siegenthaler since he isn't expensive and has some term left.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Assuming you get to protect six forwards not on ELCs it's pretty easy. J. Hughes, J. Bratt. T. Meier, N. Hischier, D. Mercer, and Cotter (at that price he is a steal). I don't see any team taking Palat, Haula (despite the drink stirring), or anyone else with a contract lasting longer than this season. On defense assuming you can protect three in addition to ELCs you'd have L. Hughes, D. Hamilton, and B. Pesce. I guess you lose one of Siegenthaler or Dillon? My guess would be a team would take Siegenthaler since he isn't expensive and has some term left.
Sure just jettison Bastian to the sun again (jk).

Have they given a legit timeframe on what year they would want to bring in a team?

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
Sure just jettison Bastian to the sun again (jk).

Have they given a legit timeframe on what year they would want to bring in a team?
Not that I've seen but I'm not a social media guy. I think I saw something posted here about upcoming meetings between the league and Houston and Atlanta potential ownership? If the ownerships really want in and each have the billion in cash burning a hole in their pocket I guess we could see expansion in the summer of 2026?

Omar Little

Omar comin yo
Jun 12, 2006
Massachusetts
I am liking all these comps in Power, Sanderson, Seider, Faber, etc. for Luke and Nemec.

Hopefully something around $8m - $8.5m for Luke and something like $6m - $7m for Nemec (assuming he doesn't get meaningful PP time)

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I am liking all these comps in Power, Sanderson, Seider, Faber, etc. for Luke and Nemec.

Hopefully something around $8m - $8.5m for Luke and something like $6m - $7m for Nemec (assuming he doesn't get meaningful PP time)

It will be interesting how it all falls together. Seider and Faber have been better than Power and Sanderson if you only consider past play. Power got his contract mostly on potential.

Luke may fall to pp2 if he starts off slow due to his injury. He may end up comparable to Power's season last year, in which Power failed to live up to expectations. None of the other guys have players remotely close to Hamilton and Dahlin offensively to take the top PP spot though.

Nemec won't have the pp time but he is RD so will bring in a premium. He'll probably have a season like Faber's last year, with the exception of the big PP minutes in the 2nd half of the season. How much of Faber's contract was because he got moved to the top PP midway through the season?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I wish him well. Whatever demons he battled I hope he has conquered them.
Agreed. It's a shame how his career has gone because he really could have been a superstar with his ability and personality. But that's all secondary compared to him being in a good place both mentally and physically.

I still can't believe he's only 26. Feels like he's been around for a decade already.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Agreed. It's a shame how his career has gone because he really could have been a superstar with his ability and personality. But that's all secondary compared to him being in a good place both mentally and physically.

I still can't believe he's only 26. Feels like he's been around for a decade already.
I am surpsied that only Montreal wanted to trade for him. Sure he’s expensive but the acquisition cost was minimal

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Expansion beyond 32 teams? That’s so watered down and stupid. And now we go to the polar opposite extreme of the original six days, there’s gonna be how many teams that don’t win any cups for decades?

Everything now is a f***ing money grab for the filthy rich, there’s no consideration for anything else.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Expansion beyond 32 teams? That’s so watered down and stupid. And now we go to the polar opposite extreme of the original six days, there’s gonna be how many teams that don’t win any cups for decades?

Everything now is a f***ing money grab for the filthy rich, there’s no consideration for anything else.

more ads on jerseys baby!

i dont know what the rules would be but i wouldn't be protecting hamilton no one would be taking that cap hit at that age and if they did even better

Reactions: dgibb10 and My3Sons

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don’t know what that guy is going on about but that’s Robert Duvall for sure.
51E8DMrd8zL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
So 36 teams = four nine-team divisions? Everyone plays each other four times in the division (32 games) and twice outside of the division (54 games)...how bland. Yes I know that adds up to 86, so we might play three division games with some teams lol

I would do 6 divisions of 6 teams...
6 games vs our division(30 games)
3 games vs the other 12 eastern conference teams(36 games)

That gives you 66 games with 16 left to hit 82 games.

There will be 16 western conference opponents so 8 will visit the Devils and the Devils will visit 8 on the road in say 2024-25 and the next season 2025-26 the teams alternate visiting/hosting.

That way you get to play everyone at least 1x a season and you will never go longer than 2 seasons without a team visiting you.

This format also increases the importance of divisional games and other waste r conference games. For the other eastern conference games you also have the Devils host 2 times and visit 1x and then switches the next season as well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad