Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Watching Rangers fans have a collective melty over Trouba not immediately caving and doing what they want at significant personal cost is so f***ing funny.

It's so unfair to be faced with the consequences of my decisions! How could he?!?!

The last few pages of the Rangers TDL thread are hysterical. They are so pissed at Trouba - though in fairness to him, he did originally set up his NMC to expire when his wife's residency was supposed to end and probably would've been amendable to a trade somewhere if that had been the case. However, her program was extended by a year (article doesn't state why - not sure if it's because of COVID or if she took time off to have their child).

Seems like Trouba has now set up his 15 team no-trade list in a way that makes it difficult to move him, plus all this personal news has gotten out and teams not on that list would have to know that he would not be happy about any trade (as he'd be leaving his wife and infant child behind) or that he might not even report.

Good stuff. 10/10 - would read again.

Sheros expletives

Jan 9, 2014
The last few pages of the Rangers TDL thread are hysterical. They are so pissed at Trouba - though in fairness to him, he did originally set up his NMC to expire when his wife's residency was supposed to end and probably would've been amendable to a trade somewhere if that had been the case. However, her program was extended by a year (article doesn't state why - not sure if it's because of COVID or if she took time off to have their child).

Seems like Trouba has now set up his 15 team no-trade list in a way that makes it difficult to move him, plus all this personal news has gotten out and teams not on that list would have to know that he would not be happy about any trade (as he'd be leaving his wife and infant child behind) or that he might not even report.

8vojb7.jpg

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I haven't really followed their plight, what's got them mad?
The team took a big step back this year and the only thing they did to address the problem was hire Lindy Ruff and buyout their best goal scorer.

Kevyn Adams told the media he likes where the team is at and isn't eager to make any more moves, even though nothing really changed and the team is sitting at like 20M in available cap. Basically telling the fan base that he's fine accepting another year of mediocrity.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Not sure what the Rangers options really are for Trouba. Doesn't seem like he wants to go anywhere and I'm not sure any teams not on his no trade list would be willing to trade for him.

The Rangers either:
(a) Keep him around another year - most likely option
(b) Waive him - bad optics and I still think he goes unclaimed.
(c) Trade him with assets that even if he doesn't report the acquiring team makes out
(d) See if they can work out a deal with a local team - maybe if they overpay and retain 50% and/or take on a bad contract, he'd play for the Islanders as he wouldn't have to move.
(e) Buy him out if a window opens up for them after arbitration. Maybe the 2nd most likely option at this point.

All in all, fun stuff!

Let's see how everyone's favorite NYR poster that is always in the Devils business on the main boards is handling it...LOL...

1719927166522.png

1719927191496.png

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Not sure what the Rangers options really are for Trouba. Doesn't seem like he wants to go anywhere and I'm not sure any teams not on his no trade list would be willing to trade for him.

The Rangers either:
(c) Trade him with assets that even if he doesn't report the acquiring team makes out
(d) See if they can work out a deal with a local team - maybe if they overpay and retain 50% and/or take on a bad contract, he'd play for the Islanders as he wouldn't have to move.
(e) Buy him out if a window opens up for them after arbitration. Maybe the 2nd most likely option at this point.

All in all, fun stuff!

Let's see how everyone's favorite NYR poster that is always in the Devils business on the main boards is handling it...LOL...

View attachment 891275

View attachment 891276
Good let him cry. He’s the biggest loser on these boards.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

The Rangers either:

All in all, fun stuff!

View attachment 891275

View attachment 891276

This guy said Trouba was better than Severson in our 2023 playoff series thread on the main which makes this even funnier LMAO

It's also funny they were defending Trouba vehemently a few weeks ago when that dude on Chiclets said he needs to stop concussing people and should talk to his wife about his play style, now they're telling his wife to f*** off and screaming their head off at her because she's probably the reason he's here in 24-25 as a NYR. Biggest phonies in pro sporrs

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

The Rangers either:

All in all, fun stuff!

View attachment 891275

View attachment 891276
The Crypto Guy is really special. He was quite nice person in different conversations about different topics. About devils, about rangers players, about other teams, about different prospects and leagues. Only positive vibes around him. Wish him find a place in his heart for Trouba and joy his game.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Come over and celebrate July 4th with us!!! :)
I have a friend. He is detroit red wing fan. He was born in Michigan as a child of american man and russian woman. (of course his mom is a ballet teacher because you know - ballet, bears, balalayka etc). They broke up and my friend and his mom traveled to St Petersburgh when he was 7-8 yo.
So he is thinking his life in Russian but still like to celebrate some holidays(his english is excellent).
So he still celebrating 4th July(thanksgiving day too). And we as his friends are joining him and celebrating with him. I like this quite interesting day and that I have this holiday in my life on the special place with interesting circumstances.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I have a friend. He is detroit red wing fan. He was born in Michigan as a child of american man and russian woman. (of course his mom is a ballet teacher because you know - ballet, bears, balalayka etc). They broke up and my friend and his mom traveled to St Petersburgh when he was 7-8 yo.
So he is thinking his life in Russian but still like to celebrate some holidays(his english is excellent).
So he still celebrating 4th July(thanksgiving day too). And we as his friends are joining him and celebrating with him. I like this quite interesting day and that I have this holiday in my life on the special place with interesting circumstances.
Do you hear balalaikas ringing out?

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I’m back in the USSR you don’t know how lucky you are boys
I was born in USSR. In those days, apart from excellent education, stable employment and good pensions, people had nothing - no mobile phones, no computers, no 20 social media accounts. It's good that now all this is there and we can talk about everything on social networks. About everything we can talk about, except what we can't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad