Around the NHL 2023-24 - offseason part II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Sergachev was traded? Whaaat?

I completely missed that yesterday. What a steal for Utah. He’s probably more valuable than Hedman at this point. One of the very best D in the league. Can skate, hit, close on the fastest and most dynamic forwards one on one, maintains perfect gaps. Wish it had been us who got him. This one move would have set us up legitimately to contend for a cup.

From what I read on the main board, there was no salary retention. Utah picked up the entire $8.5 million per. Doubt we could afford that.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Sergachev was traded? Whaaat?

I completely missed that yesterday. What a steal for Utah. He’s probably more valuable than Hedman at this point. One of the very best D in the league. Can skate, hit, close on the fastest and most dynamic forwards one on one, maintains perfect gaps. Wish it had been us who got him. This one move would have set us up legitimately to contend for a cup.

Love the player as well. Tampa has to know something or be concerned about his injury to want to jump ship from that long term contract. They got flexibility back but Sergachev is also very close friends with Kucherov and Vasy so Tampa is taking a chance at hurting their locker room. I can’t believe he’s only 26 still. Feels like he should be at least 30.

Camille the Eel

From what I read on the main board, there was no salary retention. Utah picked up the entire $8.5 million per. Doubt we could afford that.
We could have afforded it if we had passed on guys like Pesci and others. Sergachev is a player you play twister to finance with his long term contract. He potentially puts a team like ours at a different plateau. Analogous to how getting Stevens transformed us back in the day or to Boston getting Chara. This is a player that impactful. More so for example as a single acquisition than a Timo Meier.

Fitz and company have been chasing tweaks instead of deals that could fundamentally matter.

Reactions: Patrik26

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That would be pretty hilarious if they signed Tanev to a 5-6 year deal.

Because there’s currently only one player that’s turned 40 years old that is currently under contract for this coming season. And it’s a goalie.

The next two oldest guys signed, and oldest skaters signed currently are Brent Burns and Ovechkin. Burns won’t turn 40 until there’s about a month remaining in the regular season, and Ovechkin doesn’t even turn 39 until training camp.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Buffalo should be very good team in the future.
With Helenius, Benson, Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund, Quinn, Peterka, Rosen and Neuchev they need even half of them to break out to build very strong team with Cozens, Thompson, Tuch, Power, Dahlin and Byram, Luukonen and Levi.
Ruff has great amount of talent.
They need to figure out team defense. If they can do that they will turn the corner. Not sure if Ruff is the guy for that.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Buffalo should be very good team in the future.
With Helenius, Benson, Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund, Quinn, Peterka, Rosen and Neuchev they need even half of them to break out to build very strong team with Cozens, Thompson, Tuch, Power, Dahlin and Byram, Luukonen and Levi.
Ruff has great amount of talent.
I think they’ll be good but might lack the true star power upfront with what they have right now. They have a star right now in Thompson but I’m not that big of a believer in him in that I feel like he’s gonna drop off from the extremely high level he got to pretty quickly.

Other than him, they have some guys who should be pretty good but no one I really see being a star. Should have good depth but will they have any real star power upfront a few years from now? Cozens maybe gets closer but I think his offensive potential might be somewhat limited.

Their high high-end talent on D may help make up for that.

Reactions: Guadana

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Ranger fans who think teams will just easily pickup Trouba's 8 million on waivers with nothing coming back are hilarious

He has no value, he has negative value and some team is going to take it on for nothing ?

San Jose Sharks already did Drury a favor. Why not make it two?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
San Jose Sharks already did Drury a favor. Why not make it two?
3.5 million AAV and 8 are 2 different worlds

At what point does shit like this start to really negatively effect the locker room?
Eventually it will become a place no one wants to go if they just treat all their UFAs like this.

Ehh probably not, its NY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad