Around the NHL 2023-2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Finally the Stars do something. They got Dumba. So now they have a whopping FOUR NHL defensemen.

Sounds like Stars fans are not too keen on Dumba. I haven't kept up with the Wild these last couple seasons. Has his play dropped off that much?
He has fallen off a cliff, the Wild didn’t re-sign him after the 22-23 season, and he ended up in Arizona on a 1 year deal.

Maroon on Chicago made me throw up in my mouth.

• Wow
Reactions: ChicagoBlues

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think you 2 start drinking early lol

You can say all day long that he "can" block any trade etc.. but while this is technically true.. "if" he winds up getting traded,, that derails the entire theory, point, argument, etc.. that Pietro lobbied for so hard in having the NMC in the first place.

You're also fine to say he won't be traded to any team that he doesn't accept a trade to.

Who cares?

A trade is a trade.

Pietro's argument, or side when he refused to sign with the Blues, was a NMC guaranteed he would be with the same club and live at the same location for the duration of the contract.

This is the entire crux of the situation. You want to sweep that under the rug of semantics I guess, but it doesn't make any sense.

One last time and I hope we can all follow along in class lol

Pietro demanded a NMC for the sake of staying in one place for the duration of his contract.
If he's traded, that demand becomes a moot point.
“A trade is a trade.” No, it isn’t. There’s a big difference between a trade that goes through, and a trade that gets blocked by the player. The Vegas GM can negotiate and agree to 100 different Pietrangelo trades. It literally doesn’t matter if none of them goes through. You are doing a hell of a job trying to argue a point that you don’t have.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
“A trade is a trade.” No, it isn’t. There’s a big difference between a trade that goes through, and a trade that gets blocked by the player. The Vegas GM can negotiate and agree to 100 different Pietrangelo trades. It literally doesn’t matter if none of them goes through. You are doing a hell of a job trying to argue a point that you don’t have.

lol what are you talking about???

A trade is one that happens. If a GM agrees with another GM on trade terms and the player blocks it due to a NTC or NMC, then a trade doesn't happen. It's not a... say it with me... "a trade"... lol

Am I in the Twilight Zone at this point???

You want to continue arguing with me because "a trade is a trade" except when "a trade" doesn't happen??? what in the wide wide world of sports is going on here??

Reactions: Blueston

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
lol what are you talking about???

A trade is one that happens. If a GM agrees with another GM on trade terms and the player blocks it due to a NTC or NMC, then a trade doesn't happen. It's not a... say it with me... "a trade"... lol

Am I in the Twilight Zone at this point???

You want to continue arguing with me because "a trade is a trade" except when "a trade" doesn't happen??? what in the wide wide world of sports is going on here??
If Vegas can still move him with the NMC doesn’t that also make Army’s point for holding firm on the no NMC moot as well?

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Slaf signs 8 years 7.6mil. Seems rich for someone coming off his ELC at 21. I would have rathered a Bridge deal.
If they believe he is going to be a Rantaanan type player, and he might well be, this deal will age well. I think it's a much smarter bet than pretty much any of the UFA deals today. Young stars don't get cheaper if you wait.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If Vegas can still move him with the NMC doesn’t that also make Army’s point for holding firm on the no NMC moot as well?

To some extent yes, which is why many didn't buy the NMC as the only reason Pietrangelo decided to leave.

None of us are part of the inner circle of negotiations so we may never know all of the details. My personal opinion is that Pietrangelo really thought Army and the Blues would meet almost all of his contract demands/asks. Pie watched as not only did Army not back up the Brinks truck and grant the NMC, he signed Faulk. Just my opinion that Pie left because of hurt feelings as much as anything.. but who knows??

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Saros resigned. Holy crap I think Nashville spent 200M in a single day.

I am so glad we haven't made a deal - the GMs saw the cap going up and lost their damn minds again.

Stamkos getting 8M a year is f***ing hilarious to me, the dude is a PP merchant getting buoyed by one of the best passers in the entire league. There's going to be some serious regret pretty quick on that contract.

I knew it was going to be ugly when Dak Joshua signed for like 3.5M or some absurd number. Yea, he did well this year, but I watched him for two years here and you can't develop hands - that dude had the worst hands of any player I've ever seen.

Reactions: Fez Whatley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad