Around the NHL 2023-2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Nashville can be aggressive because of that Jeannot trade where they got a ton of picks from Tampa. They can make the most out of their aging vets and restock their prospect pool.

Reactions: Blueston

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Nashville can be aggressive because of that Jeannot trade where they got a ton of picks from Tampa. They can make the most out of their aging vets and restock their prospect pool.
Yes, but what’s their ceiling realistically if things go well? WCF appearance?

I’d take Edmonton, Dallas, Colorado over them for sure. Probably Vegas. They’re probably better than Winnipeg.

Reactions: bleedblue1223

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

I’d take Edmonton, Dallas, Colorado over them for sure. Probably Vegas. They’re probably better than Winnipeg.
Don't disagree with you. I get why they are doing it, but I do think they will be limited as to how far they can go. They are probably rolling the dice and hoping that other teams have a down year or luck goes their way in the playoffs like it sometimes does for lesser teams on paper. They are also going to be on that fine line of once the older players start declining, it'll get ugly.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Tanev going out from Dallas will hurt them big time.

He really impressed me how good he is. Shutdown master. Tho not that good like Mikkola. 😉

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Don't disagree with you. I get why they are doing it, but I do think they will be limited as to how far they can go. They are probably rolling the dice and hoping that other teams have a down year or luck goes their way in the playoffs like it sometimes does for lesser teams on paper. They are also going to be on that fine line of once the older players start declining, it'll get ugly.
Precisely. They have draft capital and prospects, but I don’t get the benefit of signing players like this unless you genuinely believe you can contend, which I don’t think they can.

I’d much rather have Armstrong’s approach where yeah 3-4 years of being average or bad is going to happen, but that should give the team a solid window if things go well of contention for 10+ years.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
If they do land all of them, once that old core declines, they are F*****.

Trotz is either going to be a genius or a dumbass that shouldn't be a GM.
Skjei changes things, though, and his contract shouldn’t be a hinderance.

Skjei would be someone that if you’re going all in for at this point to go after and sign. I respect it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Skjei changes things, though, and his contract shouldn’t be a hinderance.

Skjei would be someone that if you’re going all in for at this point to go after and sign. I respect it.
Assuming it's 7 years for a 30 year old, it's certainly a risk. They will be much improved and a legit contender for a few years, but they could have some brutal contracts after that.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Assuming it's 7 years for a 30 year old, it's certainly a risk. They will be much improved and a legit contender for a few years, but they could have some brutal contracts after that.
While there’s risk with spending on a 30+ contract, there’s less so usually with defensemen (Suter shouldn’t have been bought out by Minnesota, for instance, but that’s a different story).

I can see a path to contention doing all 3 of those moves. Doing 2/3 doesn’t get you there.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Which will coincide nicely with when we begin our ascent.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I think you 2 start drinking early lol

You can say all day long that he "can" block any trade etc.. but while this is technically true.. "if" he winds up getting traded,, that derails the entire theory, point, argument, etc.. that Pietro lobbied for so hard in having the NMC in the first place.

You're also fine to say he won't be traded to any team that he doesn't accept a trade to.

Who cares?

A trade is a trade.

Pietro's argument, or side when he refused to sign with the Blues, was a NMC guaranteed he would be with the same club and live at the same location for the duration of the contract.

This is the entire crux of the situation. You want to sweep that under the rug of semantics I guess, but it doesn't make any sense.

One last time and I hope we can all follow along in class lol

Pietro demanded a NMC for the sake of staying in one place for the duration of his contract.
If he's traded, that demand becomes a moot point.
It’s not semantics in any sense. If he’s traded it’s because he waived and agreed to the move. Meaning he’s okay with going where he ends up. And it means he chose the destination. Vegas has no leverage to force him to go somewhere he doesn’t want to. It’s quite literally the purpose of a NMC.

Reactions: Majorityof1

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

Hopefully this comes true. The moving the season up part. Don’t really care about the 2 extra games. I’d actually be fine with cutting it down a few but I also haven’t taken the time to do the math on what sort of game structure makes the most sense with 32 teams.
It would be 4/3/2 (div/conf/other conf), which does make sense.

Reactions: STL fan in MN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad