Around the NHL 2023-2024

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Pretty cool that with Colorado losing, a team that hasn't won the cup in the last 24 years is going to win it.

Dallas last cup in 99
NYR in 94
Edmonton in 1990
Vancouver and Florida have never won.

As a Blues fan, I have empathy for long suffering fanbases (although none were as long as our wait).

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Toodaloo refalanche. Too bad they couldn't get a offsides or 7 men on the ice goal for them to win it. Disallowing legit goals won't win you games Refalanche, it only makes you lose in 2OT by 2 legit goals in OT instead of 1.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Pretty cool that with Colorado losing, a team that hasn't won the cup in the last 24 years is going to win it.

Dallas last cup in 99
NYR in 94
Edmonton in 1990
Vancouver and Florida have never won.

As a Blues fan, I have empathy for long suffering fanbases (although none were as long as our wait).
Vancouver is currently at 54 years, along with Buffalo. We waited 52. Toronto is at 57 and counting. Rangers went 54 years from 1940-1994 when there were only 6 teams for half of it.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
How does the Stars OT game winner get wiped out for goalie interference after we saw what the Panthers get away with in Game 5? NHL refereeing is a tough job, but the calls from Toronto are a true embarrassment.
Panthers call was wrong. This one was really close and called no goal on the ice.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Was gonna ask you guys what to expect from Berube and his treatment of "star" players.

We need a guy who is gonna kick ass and take names, there's seemingly no accountability with our top end guys.

Looking forward to that changing next season.
Setting clearly communicated expectations and having universal accountability are Berube’s strengths. It will be fascinating how that plays out in Toronto.

I’m nit convinced he’s going to enjoy as much alignment with the front office moves as he did during his most successful seasons with St Louis.

Reactions: Celtic Note

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Vancouver is currently at 54 years, along with Buffalo. We waited 52. Toronto is at 57 and counting. Rangers went 54 years from 1940-1994 when there were only 6 teams for half of it.

I was specifically talking about these 5 teams and how long since their last championship/NHL start. I should have checked on Vancouver. I thought they joined the NHL later for some reason. You are dright. They do currently have more frustration than we had.

Last edited:
Reactions: MissouriMook

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Panthers call was wrong. This one was really close and called no goal on the ice.
yeah - but even with the call on the ice, the league has a review to make sure they get the call right. the Stars player was outside of the crease and pushed into Georgiev; replay confirmed it. How they upheld the call on the ice is baffling. There was definitive video evidence showing no interference occurred prior to the Avs defender causing it.

Whatever - Stars still won, and I love how it was Duchene who delivered the fatal blow. I'm going to have to go peruse the Avs board for a heaping dose of schadenfreude.

Fez Whatley

Jun 7, 2015
Toodaloo refalanche. Too bad they couldn't get a offsides or 7 men on the ice goal for them to win it. Disallowing legit goals won't win you games Refalanche, it only makes you lose in 2OT by 2 legit goals in OT instead of 1.
I loved your main board mention!!!

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I loved your main board mention!!!
Are they crying about me there? I haven't checked since the Leafs choked. I had to turn off tags because they cried about me in every thread every day.

I live rent free in those crybaby refalanche fans heads. They know deep down Binnington is their daddy and they had to run him along with get horrendous officiating and illegal goals to win. That's why a * will always be next to their tainted fake cup win

Reactions: Fez Whatley

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
yeah - but even with the call on the ice, the league has a review to make sure they get the call right. the Stars player was outside of the crease and pushed into Georgiev; replay confirmed it. How they upheld the call on the ice is baffling. There was definitive video evidence showing no interference occurred prior to the Avs defender causing it.

Whatever - Stars still won, and I love how it was Duchene who delivered the fatal blow. I'm going to have to go peruse the Avs board for a heaping dose of schadenfreude.

I don't really agree here. There was contact prior to Makar's hit, the big question is whether his skates are touching the crease or not. I think the league considers the subsequent play an offshoot of the previous one, so instead of trying to look for a billion angles to see if the skate is in the crease when initial contact is made they just went with the call on the ice.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I don't really agree here. There was contact prior to Makar's hit, the big question is whether his skates are touching the crease or not. I think the league considers the subsequent play an offshoot of the previous one, so instead of trying to look for a billion angles to see if the skate is in the crease when initial contact is made they just went with the call on the ice.
Seems like every pundit believes the league got it wrong. There’s a good article with video on the Athletic about it:

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Hallelujah. ESPN has FINALLY stopped with the stupid graphic showing the name of the player with the puck on the power play.

(Just had to comment - sorry - carry on).

Reactions: BlueOil

Fez Whatley

Jun 7, 2015
Are they crying about me there? I haven't checked since the Leafs choked. I had to turn off tags because they cried about me in every thread every day.

I live rent free in those crybaby refalanche fans heads. They know deep down Binnington is their daddy and they had to run him along with get horrendous officiating and illegal goals to win. That's why a * will always be next to their tainted fake cup win
Someone just said refalanche and @dizee.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Rememmber what the Vancouver fans were like when they had the Sedins and Burrows and Bieksa? I sure do. And in spite of that they are the least objectionable Cup winners left on the board.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I would rather see every other team still playing win a Cup over Vancouver. Can't stand their fanbase.

Worst fans in the NHL:

1a. Colorado Avalanche
1b. Vancouver Canucks
32. St. Louis Blues

Reactions: Bobby Orrtuzzo

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
I would rather see every other team still playing win a Cup over Vancouver. Can't stand their fanbase.

Worst fans in the NHL:

1a. Colorado Avalanche
1b. Vancouver Canucks
32. St. Louis Blues
1) Leafs
2 Canucks
3) Ref Jose
4) Refalanche
5) Boston

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Someone just said refalanche and @dizee.
Avs goal song:

This was always Gary Bettman's plan, not our intention
We got so shitty, couldn't score at all, we need an infraction
It's not a real penalty, just wanna try to score
I hope Eddie O doesn't bring it to the viewer's attention

I kissed a ref and I liked it
Just called an imaginary high stick
I kissed a ref just to try it
I hope the fans don't mind it

It looks so wrong, the call wasn't right
Who cares, as long as we cheat and win tonight
I kissed a ref and I liked it