Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
On the West Coast I don't recall a time when there were five games starting at 9 or 930 am and a sixth starting at 10 am, but every one of the teams around the Blues is in action right now.

MTL -7 hosting NYI ... scoreless early
VAN -6 at DET ... already losing 0-2 after 1
STL -2 later
PHI even hosting NSH ... scoreless early
OTT + 1 hosting EDM ... losing early 0-1
DET +2 hosting VAN ... up on VAN 2-0 after 1
NYI +4 at MTL ... scoreless early
FLA + 4 hosting COL later

Reactions: Spicy Panger

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Can someone tell me more about Nicolas Hague…they were talking about him on 101 yesterday. Big LD stuck in a 3rd pairing role in Vegas. Legit upside? Realistically available in an ROR trade?

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Can someone tell me more about Nicolas Hague…they were talking about him on 101 yesterday. Big LD stuck in a 3rd pairing role in Vegas. Legit upside? Realistically available in an ROR trade?

Good shot and decent IQ, poor mobility, gets caught flat-footed. Just an awkward defender in my opinion. Bargain bin Seabrook.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Good shot and decent IQ, poor mobility, gets caught flat-footed. Just an awkward defender in my opinion. Bargain bin Seabrook.
I always thought pretty highly of Seabrook in his prime but you know your shit so I respect your opinion. So you don’t see him as a 2nd pairing LD on a good team? The talking heads made it sound like he had this sort of potential with more opportunity.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
On the West Coast I don't recall a time when there were five games starting at 9 or 930 am and a sixth starting at 10 am, but every one of the teams around the Blues is in action right now.

MTL -7 hosting NYI ... scoreless early
VAN -6 at DET ... already losing 0-2 after 1
STL -2 later
PHI even hosting NSH ... scoreless early
OTT + 1 hosting EDM ... losing early 0-1
DET +2 hosting VAN ... up on VAN 2-0 after 1
NYI +4 at MTL ... scoreless early
FLA + 4 hosting COL later
For the teams beneath us that are playing those just above (ex: Montreal and Islanders), I’m rooting for those just above (Islanders) - want to retain our top 10 spot in case we play above 500 the rest of the way

Reactions: PocketNines

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I always thought pretty highly of Seabrook in his prime but you know your shit so I respect your opinion. So you don’t see him as a 2nd pairing LD on a good team? The talking heads made it sound like he had this sort of potential with more opportunity.

I'm wrong all the time, but I don't see the upside because I just don't see his mobility improving. I understand why other people see more there, but I see a basically finished product who is simply awkward and what holds him back now will continue to hold him back. I don't think he's bad, he might actually be able to help the Blues now and in the near future...but, no, if you're inking him into your top 4, I think that's not a contending team unless the top 3 happens to look like 2019 Pietrangelo, Parayko, and Bouwmeester.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
For the teams beneath us that are playing those just above (ex: Montreal and Islanders), I’m rooting for those just above - want to retain our top 10 spot in case we play above 500 the rest of the way
Agreed. If the Blues plummet in their own play, they will improve their pick. But if they scuffle along, they are vulnerable to slippage by teams who have better records at the moment. Ideally the games all go to OT ...

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Current spots 6-13 after the morning games:

VAN -7
MTL -6
STL -2 hosts Arizona later
PHI even
OTT even
DET +3
NYI +4
FLA + 4 hosts Colorado later

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I'm wrong all the time, but I don't see the upside because I just don't see his mobility improving. I understand why other people see more there, but I see a basically finished product who is simply awkward and what holds him back now will continue to hold him back. I don't think he's bad, he might actually be able to help the Blues now and in the near future...but, no, if you're inking him into your top 4, I think that's not a contending team unless the top 3 happens to look like 2019 Pietrangelo, Parayko, and Bouwmeester.
I agree with this. I see Hague as a 3rd pairing guy. An ok player but doesn’t really move the needle IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad