Around the NHL: 2018-19, Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Anyone interested in Seguin. Dude goes after Benn too, I would take Benn in a split second.

Stars CEO Jim Lites rips into Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin: 'It's pissed me off ... We are getting terrible play from our top two players'

“He’s hitting posts, ‘wah-wah.” That’s what I say about hitting posts,” Lites said. “Get a little bit closer to the action, actually go to the spot where you score goals. He doesn’t do that, he never does that anymore. He used to be a pest to play against, people hated playing against Tyler Seguin, they don’t anymore.”
-- Dallas Stars CEO Jim Lites

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Anyone interested in Seguin. Dude goes after Benn too, I would take Benn in a split second.

Stars CEO Jim Lites rips into Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin: 'It's pissed me off ... We are getting terrible play from our top two players'

“He’s hitting posts, ‘wah-wah.” That’s what I say about hitting posts,” Lites said. “Get a little bit closer to the action, actually go to the spot where you score goals. He doesn’t do that, he never does that anymore. He used to be a pest to play against, people hated playing against Tyler Seguin, they don’t anymore.”

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

We don't have the assets to go after either guy. But I'd take Benn easily over Seguin, and IMO, the type of player this team needs.

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
We don't have the assets to go after either guy. But I'd take Benn easily over Seguin, and IMO, the type of player this team needs.

I feel the opposite. Benn can finish but he doesn’t drive play on his own.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Just throwing this out here: would you do Sam (and possibly include something else) for either Benn or Seguin? They are very likely going to have to give both up for a fraction of their value, can we capitalize???

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Just throwing this out here: would you do Sam (and possibly include something else) for either Benn or Seguin? They are very likely going to have to give both up for a fraction of their value, can we capitalize???

Neither guy is going anywhere. Ceo didn’t pop off to depress their value before a trade. He did it to light a fire.

Reactions: Rasmus Ascendant

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
There are only two pieces in the organization I wouldn't move for Seguin, but I'm not sure what would compel a trade when Dallas would be selling relatively low.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There are only two pieces in the organization I wouldn't move for Seguin, but I'm not sure what would compel a trade when Dallas would be selling relatively low.
Him telling them he wants out. What the CEO did was about the most ridiculous and unprofessional thing possible, and there is a reason this is virtually unheard of in American and Canadian pro sports. It was like something you would hear from an unhinged poster on these boards and was an embarrassment.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic

Eye test btw

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Toronto beat Columbus which is far more important to us than the other way around.

People need to forget about Toronto and focus on the wild card potentials losing.
Well I mean I was focusing more on the Islanders and Canadians which do effect the wild card.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Neither guy is going anywhere. Ceo didn’t pop off to depress their value before a trade. He did it to light a fire.
I agree that's the intent of the CEO, but if this relationship sours, both players have NMC and can really handcuff Dallas on trade partners/returns.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Well I mean I was focusing more on the Islanders and Canadians which do effect the wild card.
Out-of-town watch tonight: First, take care of your own and beat the Bruins; then look for the Leafs over Isles, Lightning over Habs, and Blues over Pens. Bonus, win your next four games and you probably create some wildcard comfort again.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Him telling them he wants out. What the CEO did was about the most ridiculous and unprofessional thing possible, and there is a reason this is virtually unheard of in American and Canadian pro sports. It was like something you would hear from an unhinged poster on these boards and was an embarrassment.

Eh, he could have slapped their Pee-Pees. That said, it was more of a Jerry Jones' move than a hockey owner move.

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
He is only 26. 2 firsts and a top prospect (Casey or Guhle ie) get you a Seguin ? Little cheaper than Kane perhaps ? Would have the cap space next season. Does he have a no trade clause/list ?

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I agree that's the intent of the CEO, but if this relationship sours, both players have NMC and can really handcuff Dallas on trade partners/returns.

By all means keep calling them. It’s a weird move by the CEO, if not for pure selfish reasons. They are in the playoffs and Bennvand Seguin are not playing awful.

An odd time to have a Public tussle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad