Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
And the organization did no favours for Perfetti to get out of his slump. For me that was on Bones. For me when a young talented player struggles a bit give him some time with the #1 center and top PP and let him feel offense again.

Agreed. Bones went full blown tough love approach and that is in complete contrast to what other coaches are doing now with their top end youth.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
A bridge likely is in the 3ishM range. He has 75pts in 145g with a career high of 38pts , 5m for 2 years is a bit much
140 games.

$5m is a bit too rich for two years. Probably closer to $4m or $4.25 on a two year deal.

$5m on a three year.

$6m on a 5

$7m on a 8

Just my feeling based on recent comparable and players situation.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Agreed. Bones went full blown tough love approach and that is in complete contrast to what other coaches are doing now with their top end youth.
Like Shane Wright?

Bones was adament that him and Cole were in contact daily. Lots of pics of him talking with Cole on the ice during practice

Bone's job is to guide the Jets to wins, not placate underacheiving youngsters. When Cole struggled, it was on him to find his way out of it (with Bone's guidance)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Like Shane Wright?

Bones was adament that him and Cole were in contact daily. Lots of pics of him talking with Cole on the ice during practice

Bone's job is to guide the Jets to wins, not placate underacheiving youngsters. When Cole struggled, it was on him to find his way out of it (with Bone's guidance)

Funny that isn't what a better coach in Brindamour did with Jarvis who had just as bad a stretch the year before last. I mean the Canes have been a better team then the Jets and it seemed that their coach determined the best way to win in the playoffs was to get their talented youngster out of his funk.

Sure a player needs to play his way out of his funk, but a coach needs to provide opportunity for that. The only reason Perfetti got back into the top 6 is because Bone's good vets were screwing the pooch down the stretch and we were in our patented death spiral heading to the playoffs and he was so desperate he had the put the kid in. Low and behold the kid has a massive game and gets the team out of its skid. The team goes onto win 4 in a row with Cole playing really well with 4 points in 4 games but one mistake and he's yanked back out of the lineup to get his vet back up. That is some first rate guidance.

It shouldn't have taken until they were desperate before giving him abother opportunity. Had they given him a chance 10 games sooner I'd imagine he breaks out much sooner.

Other contending teams can find a way to allow their kids to play out of their slumps, but on ours we can't.

The Wright comp is a non starter here. We are talking about a kid how hadn't established himself vs a kid who played at a second line level for 100 straight games.

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
Like Shane Wright?

Underacheiving youngster. That's funny.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Funny that isn't what a better coach in Brindamour did with Jarvis who had just as bad a stretch the year before last. I mean the Canes have been a better team then the Jets and it seemed that their coach determined the best way to win in the playoffs was to get their talented youngster out of his funk.

Sure a player needs to play his way out of his funk, but a coach needs to provide opportunity for that. The only reason Perfetti got back into the top 6 is because Bone's good vets were screwing the pooch down the stretch and we were in our patented death spiral heading to the playoffs and he was so desperate he had the put the kid in. Low and behold the kid has a massive game and gets the team out of its skid. The team goes onto win 4 in a row with Cole playing really well with 4 points in 4 games but one mistake and he's yanked back out of the lineup to get his vet back up. That is some first rate guidance.

It shouldn't have taken until they were desperate before giving him abother opportunity. Had they given him a chance 10 games sooner I'd imagine he breaks out much sooner.

Other contending teams can find a way to allow their kids to play out of their slumps, but on ours we can't.

The Wright comp is a non starter here. We are talking about a kid how hadn't established himself vs a kid who played at a second line level for 100 straight games.
he had a plenty of opportunity to get out of a funk. he went 23 gp without a goal, and truthfully his production from December onward was pretty mediocre to bad. he was living off a hot start to the year.

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
How would you characterize 3 points in 23 games? Seems a little under what he's capable of

And he's definitely a youngster

How would I characterize 19 goals and 38 points in 71 games as a 21 year old? I would say he had a pretty darn good season and deserved to play in the playoffs. Now do Iafallo.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How would I characterize 19 goals and 38 points in 71 games as a 21 year old? I would say he had a pretty darn good season and deserved to play in the playoffs. Now do Iafallo.
why is this always the default? iafallo was not productive for a large chunk as well. i don't think many agree iafallo should've been in the top-6 as long as he was either.
At least for a stretch. I'm not sure why's it's even debatable
nah before he even finished this ELC. Every summer a certain poster would come at me with a new HOF or near-HOF comparison for him for the year.... he finished 209th in scoring.

Last edited:

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
If they go $5M AAV on a bridge there is absolutely no reason not to do a million more or so on a long term deal. A bridge would be in and around $3.5 AAV.
Overcharge is the wildcard in this, he plays hardball but so does Chevy...we'll see what happens. $5M AAV is high for sure for bridge but IF Perfetti is willing to sign for $6M on long-term then that could be a sweet looking deal for the Jets in a few years.

Reactions: NA Hockey

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Iafallo is an undrafred grinder. Nice bullshit comparison. I could just as well compare him to Mcdavid with your shit logic

Perfetti underacheived for a stretch

Or do you think that those 23 games were an accurate representation of what he's capable of?

why is this always the default? iafallo was not productive for a large chunk as well. i don't think many agree iafallo should've been in the top-6 as long as he was either.

nah before he even finished this ELC. Every summer a certain poster would come at me with a new HOF or near-HOF comparison for him for the year.... he finished 209th in scoring.
Yeah, both him and Ehlers have largely been diefied by some people on here to a point where you can't even point out valid criticisms

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
why is this always the default? iafallo was not productive for a large chunk either. i don't think many agree iafallo should've been in the top-6 as long as he was either.
Iafallo is an undrafred grinder. Nice bullshit comparison. I could just as well compare him to Mcdavid with your shit logic

Or do you think that those 23 games were an accurate representation of what he's capable of?

Alot of Jets underacheived for a large stretch of games but i don't remember them getting benched for 11 games and the playoffs. I used Iaffalo because he played alot on the first line so not a bullshit comparison.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Yeah, both him and Ehlers have largely been diefied by some people on here to a point where you can't even point out valid criticisms
Ehles gets his share of criticism. Perfetti on the other hand get the usual HF young player overhype. 23 games without a goal, 4 months straight of Mason Appleton level production, but hey no biggie!

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015

Of course he underachieved compared to what he is capable of and how he had played the previous 100 games. The question is if it was all his fault or not? I tend to believe it was partially his fault but it also had a lot to do with things outside his control.

It's funny on the Kraken forums people are happy they signed Beniers to a 7 year $7.14M contract despite the fact that he had less points, less goals, worse underlying analytics and played 400 minutes more than Cole. You don't hear many criticisms of him and the fan base loves him despite his underachieving. On Jets forums sure there a few Perfetti supporters but there also a vocal group that take potshots at him all the time which Kraken fans don't do to Beniers. Just an interesting observation.

Reactions: Bigfish

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Ehles gets his share of criticism. Perfetti on the other hand get the usual HF young player overhype. 23 games without a goal, 4 months straight of Mason Appleton level production, but hey no biggie!
Perfetti has lots of fans but he has lots detractors on here buddy and Appleton never got sat a game or missed a shift.

I can go on and on but the below are just a few guys are hyped by their fan base and didn't take the criticism that Cole did for a dry spell. Jarvis had a similar dry spell but Canes fans love him.

Lundell (78gp-13g-22a-35tp) - Opened the season scoring 2 goals in his first 40 games from October 12th to January 17th

Byfield (80gp-20g-35a-55tp) finished the year - 2 goals in his last 29 games Feb 22nd to April 15 - and had zero goals in 5 playoff games

Beniers (77gp-15g-22a-37tp)- Opened the season with 1 goal in his first 17 games - October 10th to November 15th. He also went 1 goal in 16 game stretch from Nov 30th to January 4th.

Mercer - (82gp-20g-13a-33tp) - Finished season with 1 goal in his last 13 games. Started season with zero goals in his first 10 games.

Maybe JetsHF is harder on their guys than other teams?

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB

Ehlers is my current favourite Jet. But he is not devoid of criticism, especially his performance in the playoffs. Im at the point if he was to be traded, im ok with it as long as Chevy does his magic.

Back to Perfetti, bridge deal. Give Arniel his time with Cole and develop him. It’s time to fully develop a draft pick past his RFA status in the top 6. It’s been too long.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Perfetti has lots of fans but he has lots detractors on here buddy and Appleton never got sat a game or missed a shift.

I can go on and on but the below are just a few guys are hyped by their fan base and didn't take the criticism that Cole did for a dry spell. Jarvis had a similar dry spell but Canes fans love him.

Lundell (78gp-13g-22a-35tp) - Opened the season scoring 2 goals in his first 40 games from October 12th to January 17th

Byfield (80gp-20g-35a-55tp) finished the year - 2 goals in his last 29 games Feb 22nd to April 15 - and had zero goals in 5 playoff games

Beniers (77gp-15g-22a-37tp)- Opened the season with 1 goal in his first 17 games - October 10th to November 15th. He also went 1 goal in 16 game stretch from Nov 30th to January 4th.

Mercer - (82gp-20g-13a-33tp) - Finished season with 1 goal in his last 13 games. Started season with zero goals in his first 10 games.

Maybe JetsHF is harder on their guys than other teams?

And not one of those guys saw a loss in usage.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Speaking of Jarvis, he is an unsigned RFA.

Would love to somehow bring the Winnipegger home.

Reactions: Aggie204
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad