Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
So I was listening to OB on the way home from work last night and Cloutier and the cohost and the guy they had as a guest talking about the Laine deal all floated the idea that Montreal was a "perfect" landing spot for him because he can expect all sorts of nurturing, loving treatment from Habs fan. lol...I'm not so sure about that.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
St Louis just traded a prospect and a 3rd rounder to edmonton for futures... maybe this was planned
I wonder if Armstrong and Bowman chatted and Bowman told him that he was going to match one or the other unless he got a little compensation

Edmonton also losses on potential upside. If Broberg hits as a second pairing shutdown guy then that is absolutely the type of piece they need.

As is there defensive depth is paper thin.
If Broberg hit like that, would they even be able to afford him with Drai's new deal?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Johanson getting terminated. Wonder what that is about.

Some of these players who are pretty much hanging on by a thread as NHL caliber players that still have significant cash owing to them sure aren't all that smart at times.

If I were him I'd be doing everything possible to be on my best behavior.
Rumour online is he “faked” an injury when Philly traded for him and tried to send him to the AHL.

IMO, he probably had a nagging injury when playing with the Avs and when he found out he was going from a top playoff contender to an AHL team across the country, he probably said f*** it, and decided to just heal up. Since he’s not part of the Flyers plans, I’m thinking they’re using that to void his contract.

I’m sure someone will at least give him a PTO.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Rumour online is he “faked” an injury when Philly traded for him and tried to send him to the AHL.

IMO, he probably had a nagging injury when playing with the Avs and when he found out he was going from a top playoff contender to an AHL team across the country, he probably said f*** it, and decided to just heal up. Since he’s not part of the Flyers plans, I’m thinking they’re using that to void his contract.

Interesting. Well we shall see what comes out of it.

Reactions: snowkiddin

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Flyers are citing a material breach of his contract, he has a supposed hip injury that may or may not require surgery which makes him a hard pass for me for the Jets, in all probability would not be on the Jets radar anyways

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
There's our 2C!!!

Not sure if you are serious or not. But I don't think so. He hasn't produced for the last 2 seasons.
In just over a year he has been traded, with full 50% retention, for Alex Galchenyuk, who promptly took his act to the KHL. Then traded for Sean Walker, but only with a 1st accompanying him and now terminated.

Reactions: KingBogo

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
There's our 2C!!!

In his last season in Nashville he had 28 points, last season in he had 23 points in Colorado and was dumped at the deadline (from a playoff team)

Preds traded him to Colorado with $4 million retained (LOL), then Avs traded him at the deadline to Philly who waved him with the purposes of assigning him to the AHL then buying him out but the league reversed his AHL assignment because he failed his physical (Hip injury). At this point I think the process has to play out but for now RyJo is probably out of the league for at least this season and he is certainly not #2 centre material for us or anyone at this point.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net

based on briere's comments it does seem like they believe he's faking it lol

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Chevy has also left himself in a nice position cap wise that it is unlikely another GM looks at an offer sheet which is really the only leverage RFAs coming off their ELCs have.

Yup, pretty much empty posturing now. With the Bernier deal we likely see the next waive of deals. I expect a Perfetti deal announced shortly.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yup, pretty much empty posturing now. With the Bernier deal we likely see the next waive of deals. I expect a Perfetti deal announced shortly.
I’ve been thinking bridge but if the reports that Perfetti might be interested in a long term deal Chevy looks to have enough cap space to work with. We currently have $5.78 M with a 23 man roster but once Perfetti is signed you can add $775,000 to that as a NHL minimum contract comes off. So Chevy has somewhere in the $6.5 M range to work with.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I’ve been thinking bridge but if the reports that Perfetti might be interested in a long term deal Chevy looks to have enough cap space to work with. We currently have $5.78 M with a 23 man roster but once Perfetti is signed you can add $775,000 to that as a NHL minimum contract comes off. So Chevy has somewhere in the $6.5 M range to work with.

If the Jets can get Perfetti signed for 6-7 years for under 6.5M, I will consider this a very successful offseason.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Yeah, I've been thinking 7 at $6 to $6.25 million myself.

But the length of time this is taking is par for the course with us. The last major homegrown pieces that we inked in Laine, KC, and JoMo inked on Sept 28, 27, and 16th respectively coming out of their elc's.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Yeah, I've been thinking 7 at $6 to $6.25 million myself.

But the length of time this is taking is par for the course with us. The last major homegrown pieces that we inked in Laine, KC, and JoMo inked on Sept 28, 27, and 16th respectively coming out of their elc's.

I bet that the Jets would prefer to announce the signing closer to the season to produce some hype.

Reactions: WaveRaven

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I've also thought bridge for Cole - and still think that is where this is going.
I see no reason for the Jets to go long term on this one -
LY was the first real look at this player and he struggled a bit in the back half when things usually ramp up.
I'm in Perfetti's corner - but I don't see any reason to go up against the cap ceiling to make a deal they do not have to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad