Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Just listened to the Dorion hit on BPM:

- He would normally be involved in picks that were top 10 or so
- He said he was less involved in the Boucher pick
- Said in 2018 he was bummed they fell to 4th because they had a clear top 3 (Dahlin, Svechnikov, Tkachuk)
- I *think* he said he didn't have any live viewings of Tkachuk that year
- Went to go see Zadina against Baie Comeau and immediately said "we're not drafting this guy". Said there were rumours of character concerns.
- Their list at the end-of-season scouting meeting was (he says if his memory serves him correctly) Dahlin, Svechnikov, Tkachuk, Bouchard, Hughes, Dobson, Kotkaniemi, Zadina. The latter 5 were in the same tier.
- Said he liked Tkachuk at the world juniors but was blown away by Hughes. Said he thought it would take a him a few years to learn defence but that he had Erik Karlsson potential.
- He was willing to move from 3rd to 8th.
- Heard Arizona was taking Tkachuk at 5 if he was there
- Attributed his low goal total to having Greenway as his C.
- Said he respects Bergevin and Julien alot (MTL GM/coach at that time) and thinks their downfall wasn't managing or coaching but development. Says if he became GM again, Julien would be his pick for head coach.
- Viewed Kotkaniemi as a second line centre. Thought it would take him a few years to make the NHL.

I hope sometimes soon we stop talking about this goof.

Darkest period in Sens history.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Western Canada is a wagon this year. Do we think Calgary is legit?
Flames fan second here, imho, no. I think it's a mixture of the players hustling hard, other teams not taking them as seriously, surprisingly great goaltending, and slow starts from top-tier teams for their records. I don't see them as a playoff team, but I really do hope they become a bottom feeder for a good pick, which they may not do this year :(.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Just listened to the Dorion hit on BPM:

- He would normally be involved in picks that were top 10 or so
- He said he was less involved in the Boucher pick
- Said in 2018 he was bummed they fell to 4th because they had a clear top 3 (Dahlin, Svechnikov, Tkachuk)
- I *think* he said he didn't have any live viewings of Tkachuk that year
- Went to go see Zadina against Baie Comeau and immediately said "we're not drafting this guy". Said there were rumours of character concerns.
- Their list at the end-of-season scouting meeting was (he says if his memory serves him correctly) Dahlin, Svechnikov, Tkachuk, Bouchard, Hughes, Dobson, Kotkaniemi, Zadina. The latter 5 were in the same tier.
- Said he liked Tkachuk at the world juniors but was blown away by Hughes. Said he thought it would take a him a few years to learn defence but that he had Erik Karlsson potential.
- He was willing to move from 3rd to 8th.
- Heard Arizona was taking Tkachuk at 5 if he was there
- Attributed his low goal total to having Greenway as his C.
- Said he respects Bergevin and Julien alot (MTL GM/coach at that time) and thinks their downfall wasn't managing or coaching but development. Says if he became GM again, Julien would be his pick for head coach.
- Viewed Kotkaniemi as a second line centre. Thought it would take him a few years to make the NHL.
Thanks for this. Could have sworn he said DJ in there too. My french is bad though. Imvolved in top 10 picks, unless it turns out bad. Lol.

I hope sometimes soon we stop talking about this goof.

Darkest period in Sens history.
When he stops talking we can. It's funny now though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad