Around the NHL — Episode XLXVII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
I'd have paid Draisaitl that too - and happily, but....we all watched the SC Final, right? Dude was not good when it counted most. Or maybe he was checked really hard? Whatever the case may be...
He had a broken finger and multiple broken ribs since the end of the Vancouver series. It's what turned him from 2+ PPG and leading the league in scoring to a shell of his usual self.

14m is definately not much of a team-discount, but he probably would have gotten more as UFA next year. With the cap finally rising again, the salary of the high-end players hould start to jump up again.
In the end, what really matters is the percentage of cap a contract takes, and that should be in line with the contract of similar players at a similar point in time.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He had a broken finger and multiple broken ribs since the end of the Vancouver series. It's what turned him from 2+ PPG and leading the league in scoring to a shell of his usual self.

14m is definately not much of a team-discount, but he probably would have gotten more as UFA next year. With the cap finally rising again, the salary of the high-end players hould start to jump up again.
In the end, what really matters is the percentage of cap a contract takes, and that should be in line with the contract of similar players at a similar point in time.
And 2 years prior he was arguably their best player in the playoffs while playing on one knee. He's worth it.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Ah, didn't realize that.

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I'd have paid Draisaitl that too - and happily, but....we all watched the SC Final, right? Dude was not good when it counted most. Or maybe he was checked really hard? Whatever the case may be...
I watched that final game. IMO, both he and McDavid were overplayed, probably had very little in the tank. Surprised me as the previous game, they got depth scoring. I will always wonder if the coach hadn't shortened the bench to the extreme if the result would've been the same.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I watched that final game. IMO, both he and McDavid were overplayed, probably had very little in the tank. Surprised me as the previous game, they got depth scoring. I will always wonder if the coach hadn't shortened the bench to the extreme if the result would've been the same.
I really hate to say it because he wasn't entirely at fault on the play and played admirably despite all the criticism, but Skinner needed to have that shot from Reinhart. Tough goal at a tough time and I felt like that was it right there.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I really hate to say it because he wasn't entirely at fault on the play and played admirably despite all the criticism, but Skinner needed to have that shot from Reinhart. Tough goal at a tough time and I felt like that was it right there.
Probably, but I didn't realize Dari was playing with a busted hand. It makes a ton of sense. They were SO close and he missed a couple of huge scoring chances and really didn't fight too hard in the corners, but now you can understand why a little more.

Man, remember after the Reinhart goal how close they came to scoring like - 4 times? It was insane. If I were a Panthers fan I would have sharted and died.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Probably, but I didn't realize Dari was playing with a busted hand. It makes a ton of sense. They were SO close and he missed a couple of huge scoring chances and really didn't fight too hard in the corners, but now you can understand why a little more.

Man, remember after the Reinhart goal how close they came to scoring like - 4 times? It was insane. If I were a Panthers fan I would have sharted and died.
Ya he looked pretty ineffective at the end. Too bad.

I would put the game 7 double OT loss against the Pens up there. I was basically in a 4 hour long panic attack until the bottom fell out and went in to a months long depression lol.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Ya he looked pretty ineffective at the end. Too bad.

I would put the game 7 double OT loss against the Pens up there. I was basically in a 4 hour long panic attack until the bottom fell out and went in to a months long depression lol.
I had so many really, really anxious times watching. I must have done damage to my long term health.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
This just in! Every fan base in the NHL looses it's shit over every little thing because too long no hockey, must make noise.

• Haha
Reactions: bicboi64

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The Tua case is interesting, the fans are like “we don’t want to see you die on the field, no more, retire”

Tua’s people are like “he’s a man, he has the right to feed his family so if he dies on the field trying to feed his family that’s honourable and what men do”

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The Tua case is interesting, the fans are like “we don’t want to see you die on the field, no more, retire”

Tua’s people are like “he’s a man, he has the right to feed his family so if he dies on the field trying to feed his family that’s honourable and what men do”
Lol, if Tua can't afford to feed his family he needs a new financial advisor, even if he does retire immediately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad