Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Datsyuk, Weber, Roenick among 7 elected to Hockey Hall of Fame | NHL.com

The Hall has become so watered down and is now just a Hall of Pretty good. Weber has no individual hardware, no cups, and only First/Second All Star selections and an Olympic gold.
How the f*** does Weber belong in the Hall of Fame? They're working so hard to make it such an unimportant accomplishment. Like, how do you put this guy's name in the same sentence as Orr, Bourque, Coffey and Lidstrom? It's ridiculous.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
Imagine this guy going 53OA

I was not following NHL drafts as closely then... Does anyone recall anything wrt pre draft scouting reports on Lindstrom.
They guy was just so good...

Seems like a lot of misses leading up to 53
Astonishing really, Lidstrom... Talk about winning on a draft pick! It likely had lots to do with the issue that at that draft time, most NHL teams did nowhere near the scouting of Euro/Int'l players as they do now. Consider a closer to home example of same where Ottawa benefited greatly, Daniel Alfredsson, drafted 133rd overall in the sixth round of the 1994 NHL Entry Draft. Another Hall of Famer. Rare but not impossible to find a diamond or very late bloomer.

Let the crap shoot begin... How fitting is it that this one is in Vegas?

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Logan Thompson for two 3rds

Would you rather have 27 yr old Thompson + kastelic + letourneau

Or Ullmark?

Tough one.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Logan Thompson for two 3rds

Would you rather have 27 yr old Thompson + kastelic + letourneau

Or Ullmark?

Tough one.
I like Ullmark's longer, more proven resume for this team, without question. And as mentioned, getting out from under Korpisalo was a huge bonus and basically requirement. I know you and some others are confident he will play well, but statistically he hasn't 3 of the last 4 years and had 4 years left.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Looking forward to Ottawa's cup parade one day.

I remember Sens mile being absolutely insane when they clinched a spot in the finals and after the win in game 3.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad