Around the League

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
Rumours were that he likes Treliving and his time in Calgary, so I think there is a good chance he signs.
Every start of the hockey season I think, "You know what, I'm fine with the Leafs winning it all this year." Then at some point around feb I always switch it up to 'Lol, hell no, I hope their miserable."

Not sure why, I blame the Leafs.

Reactions: SoupNazi

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
Every start of the hockey season I think, "You know what, I'm fine with the Leafs winning it all this year." Then at some point around feb I always switch it up to 'Lol, hell no, I hope their miserable."

Not sure why, I blame the Leafs.
Naw, f*** 'em. I want the Leafs to lose the offseason. I want them to lose the pre-season. I want them to lose on every day that ends in y during the season. f*** 'em.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I definitely didn't want Campbell to bridge the gap until Cossa. Nope. Definitely wasn't me at the time. No sir.

Boy that Holland is a Bozo, right guys?!

nervous-sweating-sweating-bullets.png

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I definitely didn't want Campbell to bridge the gap until Cossa. Nope. Definitely wasn't me at the time. No sir.

Boy that Holland is a Bozo, right guys?!

nervous-sweating-sweating-bullets.png
From what I recall at the time most people were okay with Campbell being signed. A little high, yeah, but it was a UFA contract and he was seen as the best on the market. The way the masses have jeckl and hyded this deal is ridiculous.

In the end I feel bad for Campbell. The guy just seemed to fall apart in Edmonton. Hope he goes somewhere, puts everything back together, and can find something of an NHL career still.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
From what I recall at the time most people were okay with Campbell being signed. A little high, yeah, but it was a UFA contract and he was seen as the best on the market. The way the masses have jeckl and hyded this deal is ridiculous.

In the end I feel bad for Campbell. The guy just seemed to fall apart in Edmonton. Hope he goes somewhere, puts everything back together, and can find something of an NHL career still.
Might SY get him for the GR vet to work with Cossa? A new (Finnish) goalie coach for Campbell might be a step to fixing his woes

Last edited:
Reactions: SantosHalper

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023

I didn’t want Campbell then. I didn’t think it as a great contract and was so glad Detroit didn’t go that way

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I didn’t want Campbell then. I didn’t think it as a great contract and was so glad Detroit didn’t go that way

Yes, not everyone wanted campbell, but the deal wasn't widely panned by everyone. It became a deal, though, where everyone panned it and acted like it was clearly a disaster from the start which just wasn't the reaction at large.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00