Around the League

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
That SJ/NSH trade is abit of an odd one. Afanasyev has some game, big winger. Gave the Griffs a lot of trouble in their playoff series. Not sure why Nashville didn't want to try him out(kind of like Berggren and Johansson, I believe he was no loner waiver exempt).

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
That SJ/NSH trade is abit of an odd one. Afanasyev has some game, big winger. Gave the Griffs a lot of trouble in their playoff series. Not sure why Nashville didn't want to try him out(kind of like Berggren and Johansson, I believe he was no loner waiver exempt).
The rumor was Afanasyev wanted a guarenteed spot on the main roster or he would go back to Russia. While I didnt see the harm in trying him out, I could also see why Trotz was like "I cant promise that" and traded him if true.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
The rumor was Afanasyev wanted a guarenteed spot on the main roster or he would go back to Russia. While I didnt see the harm in trying him out, I could also see why Trotz was like "I cant promise that" and traded him if true.
Disappointing we didn't take a look given the low price

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Ottawa trades a 1st, Korpisalo and parts for Ullmark. Holy overpay, Batman.

I see Korpisalo reviving his career in Boston while Ottawa tanks Ullmark. That team should have been trading for defensemen and bottom 6 forwards if they wanted meaningful improvement.

Reactions: SoupNazi and WaW

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
IMG_5019.jpeg

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
I think Howe has it. Like 7-8? Someone asked on the mains a while back.

Just did a quick n dirty, he has 7 playoffs with more than 7 games played and no cup win. Pretty sure playoffs were only 2 rounds most of his career.

Howe is one of a few...but Perry is alone as a 4 different team loser :cool:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad