Around the League

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Eh, Devils are trying to compete and it’s nearly impossible to compete in this league without competent goaltending. I’m not enamored with Markstrom, but if he can give them league average goaltending for a couple years I think they probably get their value there.

Like if Lyon regresses back to the mean, and if Husso doesn’t bounce back, we are cooked. It almost doesn’t matter what the rest of the roster looks like, within reason. I think that’s a risk that Detroit can probably take this year, I get why New Jersey isn’t willing to run that risk.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
That's quite the turnaround from LA:

May 06
"We need to make him better," Blake said Monday, while also confirming that he'll remain the general manager for the Kings. "He's had a consistent performance over his career so far and deviated from that this year. It's up to us to help him become more productive to us."

June 19
GTFO. Now.

• Haha
Reactions: SoupNazi

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
That's quite the turnaround from LA:

May 06
"We need to make him better," Blake said Monday, while also confirming that he'll remain the general manager for the Kings. "He's had a consistent performance over his career so far and deviated from that this year. It's up to us to help him become more productive to us."

June 19
GTFO. Now.

they probably thought they couldn't get rid of him without retention and he'd be back next year when they said that to be fair

i'm surprised Washington agreed to it with no retention like that, even if you look at Kuemper as a pure cap dump(which I don't think is entirely fair, he was bad this year sure but he was almost as good in 2022 as Markstrom and look how much Markstrom is still living off that year, plus he was better in Arizona before that than Markstrom ever was in Vancouver)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad