Around the League Thread | Where elbows aren’t penalties and what’s the capital of Thailand again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Vincent wasn't exactly set up for success, but his bizarre treatment of the young players like Jiricek and Johnson (who are far more important to the team's long-term success than he ever would be) likely contributed to his downfall.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Figured it was just a matter of time once Waddell got hired that he’d make a HC change. Literally 1/3 of the teams will have a different HC for game 1 in 24/25 than their HC for game 1 in 23/24. Kind of crazy.

Reactions: mossey3535

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Vincent wasn't exactly set up for success, but his bizarre treatment of the young players like Jiricek and Johnson (who are far more important to the team's long-term success than he ever would be) likely contributed to his downfall.
Not defending Vincent, but if there wasn't some franchise coherence on the way those two were yo-yoed around then they are even more f***ed than we think. Meaning I doubt it was him being an autocrat.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I think at some point a few years ago the Blue Jackets took offence to people saying nothing interesting ever happens in Columbus. The front office just gets set on fire at least once a year.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Did he have a choice on Jiricek? They had a bunch of big NHL contracts on the right side

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
1718724236386.png

1718724221699.jpeg

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Did he have a choice on Jiricek? They had a bunch of big NHL contracts on the right side
I dunno. I recall they told him to "get an apartment in Columbus" and then proceeded to yo-yo him with the AHL, and when he was recalled he was mostly in the press box.

Why do that?

Reactions: mossey3535

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I dunno. I recall they told him to "get an apartment in Columbus" and then proceeded to yo-yo him with the AHL, and when he was recalled he was mostly in the press box.

Why do that?
Zezel to Canucks GM: "I need to take some personal leave to see my REALLY ill niece in the hospital"
Canucks GM: "Ok"

And then proceeds to trade Zezel to a team who plays in a city even further away than Vancouver to where his neice lives. Zezel retires to be with his sick neice in the hospital.

• Wow
Reactions: mossey3535 and quat

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I really want the Panthers to win tonight, but my gut is telling me the Oilers take this one.

Hope my gut is wrong and the Panthers bounce back in convincing fashion.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013

Why do that?

They do one thing, someone else in the org overrules it or agents call losing their mind.

I don’t know. I feel like if it was truly the coach who benched Jiricek and refused to play him, he’d have been fired way earlier

But thats just my assumption

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
They do one thing, someone else in the org overrules it or agents call losing their mind.

I don’t know. I feel like if it was truly the coach who benched Jiricek and refused to play him, he’d have been fired way earlier

But thats just my assumption
Like I said, I think Vincent was put in a bad spot amid general organizational incoherence and incompetence.

But I don't think there's any evidence to conclude that he was actively helping the situation. Waddell wants his own guy to coach, makes sense.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I really want the Panthers to win tonight, but my gut is telling me the Oilers take this one.

Hope my gut is wrong and the Panthers bounce back in convincing fashion.
It all depends on whether the Oilers goalie plays like Dan Cloutier or not. Oilers do have the two most offensively gifted forwards in the league. With Ekblad to hold the blueline together. The goaltending remains a huge wild card (and not in a good way)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It all depends on whether the Oilers goalie plays like Dan Cloutier or not. Oilers do have the two most offensively gifted forwards in the league. With Ekblad to hold the blueline together. The goaltending remains a huge wild card (and not in a good way)

If the Panthers play like they did in Periods 2 and 3 of Game 4, it won't matter if Edmonton's net is empty. The book on the Oilers has been to get to Skinner all playoff long - when teams do it, they win, when teams let the Oilers attack take over, they don't.

Matchup game should favour Florida tonight, and Bobrovsky should be motivated with a bounce back effort - but I just feel like the Oilers are going to take this one. Last win is always hardest to get. I would LOVE to be wrong and watch Florida win tonight - both so this playoff can mercifully end, and so we can get the leadup to the draft and free agency officially underway.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
If the Panthers play like they did in Periods 2 and 3 of Game 4, it won't matter if Edmonton's net is empty. The book on the Oilers has been to get to Skinner all playoff long - when teams do it, they win, when teams let the Oilers attack take over, they don't.

Matchup game should favour Florida tonight, and Bobrovsky should be motivated with a bounce back effort - but I just feel like the Oilers are going to take this one. Last win is always hardest to get. I would LOVE to be wrong and watch Florida win tonight - both so this playoff can mercifully end, and so we can get the leadup to the draft and free agency officially underway.
:sarcasm:

Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $10,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: