Around the League Thread | Where elbows aren’t penalties and what’s the capital of Thailand again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Oils future is already a hellish wasteland after wasting ten years of two top 5 players, losing the finals badly, losing drai and mcdavid in consecutive years, and probably stuck with both nurse and douchard at nine plus millions..

Gifted one of the easiest paths to the finals in recent memory and blew it.
This was it.

• Haha
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver

Just when you think you can’t hate the Oilers anymore…

They bring one of the cone of silence, rape abetting, 2010 core Blackhawks in to talk shit.

Man I hope the lose.

They're down 3-0 in the Final and STILL find ways to show how arrogant they are.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
No one in the national media will talk about it but this Oilers team is beyond arrogant, more than any team I've seen in recent memory.

Their fanbase only feeds into and cheers it on (while Leaf fans basically brow beat how arrogant the Leaf stars are)

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
God I hope Florida completely embarrasses the Oilers tonight. Just a massive blowout. Something that throws their entire organization into complete disarray and leads to them sabotaging their future.

Yep that's what I'm hoping for but it will be bitter-sweet for me.

Bitter: Watching Tkachuk hoist the Cup and thinking what could have been. God I wanted to draft him sooo bad to add him to our young guns in Horvat & Boeser. The new culture he would have brought here after the Sedin era....Just the biggest blunder in Canucks history.

Sweet: Watching Tkachuk hoist the Cup in Edmonton knowing how bad the fan base hates him after running a muck on them during his Calgary years and then hoisting the Cup in their own back yard on his new team....that one is going to feel good lololo.

On a side note, as a huge hockey fan who watches a lot hockey and follows other teams besides the Canucks, the only little piece of empathy I have for Edmonton fans in my cold, dead black heart is that their fans have known that Skinner, Nurse & Ceci were going to f*ck them. They have knowen this for years yet management did nothing to address the problem.

Lets gooooooooooooo :panthers

Reactions: Nuckles

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver

They bring one of the cone of silence, rape abetting, 2010 core Blackhawks in to talk shit.

Man I hope the lose.

This officially kills any pity I may have felt towards this organization. There wasn't much, but whatever was there is utterly gone. Imagine bringing in Keith as some kind of inspiration.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Yep that's what I'm hoping for but it will be bitter-sweet for me.

Bitter: Watching Tkachuk hoist the Cup and thinking what could have been. God I wanted to draft him sooo bad to add him to our young guns in Horvat & Boeser. The new culture he would have brought here after the Sedin era....Just the biggest blunder in Canucks history.

Sweet: Watching Tkachuk hoist the Cup in Edmonton knowing how bad the fan base hates him after running a muck on them during his Calgary years and then hoisting the Cup in their own back yard on his new team....that one is going to feel good lololo.

On a side note, as a huge hockey fan who watches a lot hockey and follows other teams besides the Canucks, the only little piece of empathy I have for Edmonton fans in my cold, dead black heart is that their fans have known that Skinner, Nurse & Ceci were going to f*ck them. They have knowen this for years yet management did nothing to address the problem.

Lets gooooooooooooo :panthers
You forget they tried to fix the problem(s) by signing Jack Campbell.

Man I hope the lose.

Why?? Does he work for OIlers or is he working as a motivational speaker? :huh:

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
You forget they tried to fix the problem(s) by signing Jack Campbell.

Why?? Does he work for OIlers or is he working as a motivational speaker? :huh:
lolololo I did forget!!! That is a big ooops on Edmontons management part as we all knew Campbell was junk and a terrible signing.

3 more years in Bakersfield I'm guessing for Campbell :D

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
lolololo I did forget!!! That is a big ooops on Edmontons management part as we all knew Campbell was junk and a terrible signing.

3 more years in Bakersfield I'm guessing for Campbell :D

Edmonton signing Campbell might have been the easiest “this is going to be the worst signing” candidates in recent memory. Like, from the second it was reported, everyone knew it would go terribly.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
What I want to see

mccry.jpg

And the impending result:

cup winners.jpg

Go Parida go!

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
^That last one is hilarious. Are the three cheering Oilers inspired by that fan that cheered for the wrong team last game? :laugh:
My head canon is that the image is depecting the fact that Edmonton fans, and players alike are so entitled, that they are cheering the cup winners despite being the losers in this scenario lmao

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Oils future is already a hellish wasteland after wasting ten years of two top 5 players, losing the finals badly, losing drai and mcdavid in consecutive years, and probably stuck with both nurse and douchard at nine plus millions..

Gifted one of the easiest paths to the finals in recent memory and blew it.
This was it.

Douchard lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: ihaveyuidonttouchme
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad