Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Trying to ignore the fact that it's the Oilers playing but this has been a great game. End to end, tons of chances, lots of flow, board battles, heightened drama. This is everything that I love about hockey.
It’s been a great game and hopefully shining a spotlight on the NHL. I guess we’re doomed for more “summer hockey” in the future.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Weird decision to take that slap shot there with Nuge right in front ready for a tip or screen

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It’s been a great game and hopefully shining a spotlight on the NHL. I guess we’re doomed for more “summer hockey” in the future.
Hopefully next year they can at least try to make sure Game 7 is on the weekend. It's only by a stroke of luck I'm even off today.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
trailing going into the 3rd on what is likely some bad ice, not ideal. Got to make traction in the first 1/3-1/2 of the third to get the game tied if you are EDM. Have to consider the ice conditions at this point of the year, a week before Canada day. Can't over pass.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
and his dad was an all-star for the flames. he was born for this game

kulikov was the real hero there though

*and a standout defender for us for two seasons!

This has indeed been an objectively fun hockey game to watch, regardless of who you root for. Lots of back and forth pressure - not necessarily a ton of high danger chances, but a lot of scrambles around the net.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Game 2 with Sutherland and the decision to suspend Soucy were f***ing awful - but it says something about just how bad the fix was in that 2011 was still several degrees of magnitude worse.

The Soucy suspension is incredibly suspect thanks to Draisaitl's non-suspension in the Finals.

Zadorov's got it right with 'protecting their investment.'

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Oilers are gonna get at least on PP in the third period.

Even though the refs actually owe the Panthers a PP from the first period still.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Oilers are gonna get at least on PP in the third period.

Even though the refs actually owe the Panthers a PP from the first period still.

Yeah, I’m bracing myself for a dicey final 20. I think at this point, the League itself is done influencing the final - they got a full 7 games and made their money. They either have their top marketed player win, or a sunbelt franchise that’s been Gary (and Daddy Colin’s) baby win. It’s a win win for the league.

But NHL officials can’t help inserting themselves into games. I wouldn’t be shocked if they have a part to play in the final act here.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The soucy suspension wasn’t refereeing or team favouritism.

Zadorov nailed it. NHL protected the investment. But it wasn’t Oilers favouritism.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Sorry but nothing makes me angrier than that Travel USA commercial with that Sportsnet host.

"Take it from a Canadian, you need to visit the USA!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad