Around the League Thread | The one where Florida blows it…?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Okay, I’ve got to throw mad respect to the Oilers fan that Principe just interviewed that said they flew from Edmonton to Florida in a little prop plane that took them 8 hours to get there, just a handful of them. Wow.

And then there’s the guy who says about 100 of them chartered a plane and drank the plane dry. My goodness.

That's f***ing awesome, good for them, seriously. I admire the sheer insane fandom on display there.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Really feels like a “next goal wins” situation.
FLA like Van has been chasing the games. Can they comeback even with giving up the first goal? Probably has to be a clean goal by EDM, no give away, bad goal, or a bad penalty taken by FLA to give EDM a PP which they score on.

Not sure they can handle giving up a goal that was more a mistake on their part, than a good play by EDM at this point.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Okay, I’ve got to throw mad respect to the Oilers fan that Principe just interviewed that said they flew from Edmonton to Florida in a little prop plane that took them 8 hours to get there, just a handful of them. Wow.

And then there’s the guy who says about 100 of them chartered a plane and drank the plane dry. My goodness.
Gonna be so satisfy watching all them cry if the Oilers lose. Hoping for multiple overtime loss for the Oilers.

• Haha
Reactions: mathonwy

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006

Apparently some game tickets were only $1100.

Not sure if that's CAD or USD but that's SUPER cheap for a Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, especially one with this level of historic precedence.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Lots of clips on that trash website/app about ugly looking crowds already in Edmonton.

(Could be bullshit though.)

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
IMG_0579.jpeg

Never change, Rogers. Never change.

Lots of clips on that trash website/app about ugly looking crowds already in Edmonton.

Not that I wish it upon anyone, but you have to admit it would be hilarious to see after 13 years of shutting on us

Not that I wish it upon anyone, but you have to admit it would be hilarious to see after 13 years of shutting on us

Reactions: rypper

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
all these years and nobody has come close to the Schneider return for a goaltender I think

EDIT: woof, why the frank would Boston take on Korpisalo

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Gretzky never worked out either, as far as I know. His diet was whatever he was served. Basically every player now works out in the offseason and maintains cardio training 11-12 months a year, every player photographed in shorts has massive quads. Gretzky was consistently 50-80 points ahead of his peers and I think he still would be today.
And if I was taller and more muscular and more athletic I’d be better at hockey too. He didn’t/wasn’t so it’s a moot point.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Win or lose, I sincerely hope there’s no fan stupidity like riots. Don’t need to see property damaged, livelihoods jeopardized and lives threatened.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Also - even though my gut feels it’s going the other way, it would be cool to see Kyle Okposo hoist the Cup. This is his last hurrah, and he was a dedicated, hardcore member of a crappy team for the bulk of his career who’s never sniffed an opportunity like this.

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
all these years and nobody has come close to the Schneider return for a goaltender I think

EDIT: woof, why the frank would Boston take on Korpisalo

I think Ullmark benefitted from Boston's system. Still a good goalie, though. And yes, everyone crapped on that trade but goalies just don't grab value. The top 3 very rarely ever come up in trade too.

Also - even though my gut feels it’s going the other way, it would be cool to see Kyle Okposo hoist the Cup. This is his last hurrah, and he was a dedicated, hardcore member of a crappy team for the bulk of his career who’s never sniffed an opportunity like this.

Tell you what's weird (for me), is I watched Kyle Okposo get drafted and now he's about to retire. Life moves fast, kids. Faster than you expect.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I think Ullmark benefitted from Boston's system. Still a good goalie, though. And yes, everyone crapped on that trade but goalies just don't grab value. The top 3 very rarely ever come up in trade too.

see if Korpisalo can benefit from the system
he had essentially the worst underlying for any goaltender in the league on the PK

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
why cant we ever get one of these goats man.

View attachment 886391
Pavel Bure was one of the most electrifying talents the game has ever seen, we were lucky to have him. There are only 3-4 guys in the history of the sport at the GOAT level and what like 40+ teams in league history? Odds aren't in any teams favour to get that level talent (unless you had one in the past and the league decides to start handing out draft lottery wins like candy to revive the franchise)

Reverend Mayhem

Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
why cant we ever get one of these goats man.

We have Quinn Hughes.

---

I hope Florida wins, Barkov is a player I was aware of in 2012 and fell in love with his game.

That season was absolutely f***ing insane. We'd had, like 90 points winning the Art Ross and the guy basically just decides to come out of retirement mid-season and scores at a 150-point pace. At age 35.

The circumstances make that year more astounding than 88-89 but to me 88-89 is just the greatest offensive season ever. He scored at a 209-point pace with probably the worst set of linemates of any top-line C in the NHL.

You didn't even mention him getting f***ing cancer, got treated during the season, came back, still won the Art Ross. That's just a disgusting amount of talent.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Remember at the start of the year where Mcdavid said cup or bust?

Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad