Around the League Thread | Pre-Season Approaches

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
While pre-game and half time for NFL broadcasts are much better the game itself is often dreadfully boring. Sure it's much better football in terms of athleticism and skill compared to the CFL but the CFL is a better viewing experience. IMO. Pretty much everyone I know down here watches the NFL to see how much they are going to owe their bookie at the end of the day. They aren't really fans of the sport.
As an avid NFL fan, the main reason to watch NFL over CFL is continuity of the players (for the good teams). The ambiance of the fan noise. The sound is the most drastic difference you notice on TV. 70K full stadium vs about 25-30K for most clubs in the CFL.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Neely is an idiot because he won't just give the guy a blank cheque....... yeah ok. Cam just stepped on the gas. One would think he'd have a bit of street cred in Beantown. Really weird guy to rail on IMHO.

Well the Bruins did trade Linus Ullmark before locking in Swayman or having a deal in place which it turns out probably wasn't the best move right?
f*** Jack Gordon and Tom Watt and whoever didn't notice Barry Pederson had a tumor the size of a grapefruit remove from his arm.
Pederson also had a full season back in boston from that but Neely was more interested in the Mountain shadow Inn than making the elap in Vancouver but he was a young guy so it could have been a lack of leadership in the room as well.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Man, this is apparently the best PBP/commentary the US national broadcaster has to offer? It is awful.

Rasmus Dahlin looks outstanding.

This game looks so loose when you're used to watching a Rick Tocchet game, even played by our depth players.
Dahlin looked good and the whole Markstrom supersave summed up the game for me but I was napping and only watched the first period.

Buffalo needs to stop finding ways to lose....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad